Rundown Home

Sonics pov

I followed the two birds as they led me to their house. Last time I remember jet lived in a blimp with wave and storm. I wonder what happened..

"wow Mr needlemouse you're pretty cool" bean giggled in jets arms.

"needlemouse?" I raised an eyebrow.

"yeah!" bean nodded excitedly "I give all the adults nicknames. Like the two mean adults papa used to live with. I call them miss bossy pants and loaf of bread!" bean stuck his tongue out.

I looked at jet in confusion. He simply shook his head.

"me wave and storm didn't leave on the best terms" he explained "they made me choose between them and bean and... well I guess you can see who I choose"

"wow" I muttered in disbelief "you really must love that kid"

"I do" he smiled at the boy in his arm.

I never seen this side of jet before. He seems so caring and nurturing now. He's really mellowed out since we were kids.

"here we are" I looked up in horror. In front of me was a rundown house with broken windows and smashed tiles. He has to be joking!

"is this where you live?" I muttered in disbelief.

"don't judge me!" he growled "we don't have much of a choice!" he tried to walked on but I grabbed him by the arm.

"why don't you just live with me?"