Tails Is Back!

Sonics pov

My head shot up at the sound of the doorbell ringing. Oh crap tails! I forgot Amy was taking him back from the sleepover. I hope Amy cooked him something before bringing him here.

I raced over and opened the door.

"papa!" tails jumped into my arms. He was only four years old but he was the cutest little guy in the world.

"hey little man!" I threw him up in the air, making him giggle "did you have fun with auntie Amy?"

"yeah!" tails nodded excitedly "me and cream tried to stay up till midnight but we got too sleepy"

"aww well that's probably for the best buddy. A little guy like you needs his sleep" I rubbed noses with him before turning to Amy "thanks for taking care of him Amy. I hope he wasn't too much trouble"

"oh nonsense he was an angle" Amy giggled.

"wow he's small just like me" we turned around to see beans excited face.

"uhh sonic who's that?" Amy pointed to the boy in confusion.

"oh that" I chuckled nervously. This is going to be weird to explain "uhh tails why don't you play with bean for a bit while the adults talk"

"ok" tails nervously followed after the excited boy.

I turned back to Amy who gave me a look that screamed 'you better start talking'.

"ok funny story. I kinda ran into jet yesterday and he has a kid now and no where to go" I looked away.

"what about wave and storm?" Amy asked "Last time I checked they were living together"

"apparently they couldn't handle bean and made jet choose between them and the kid"

"Well shame on them!" Amy yelled "their suppose to be a family. You don't kick out family! So Where's jet now?"

"in bed. I think he's depressed" I muttered.

"poor guy. Looking after a kid isn't easy. Especially not on your own" suddenly her eyes lit up, as if she just got a brilliant idea "oh I know! You can take him to the single parent night that I have on once a week. You're already taking tails so it should be no problem"

"I'm only taking him cause you forced me to" I muttered.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY!"

"I said I'll be happy to take him!" I said quickly. Man Amy can be scary!

"good. I'll see you tomorrow" she waved before running off.

I looked over to see bean and tails playing with trucks. I smiled at them. They seem to be getting along dispite their differences.

Suddenly jet came up. His eyes landed on tails.

"this is your kid?" he raised an eyebrow "I would have thought he'd be a hedgehog or something"

"nah my little buddy's a adorable fox!" I tickled him, making him laugh. I then turned to jet with a grin "keep your calendar free tomorrow bud. We've got some plans"