Back At My Place

Sonics pov

"I can't believe you talked me into this" jet grumbled as we walked to my home.

I don't normally invite people to stay over. I prefer it to be just me and tails but jet needs to have a proper roof over his head. I couldn't live with myself if I let him and bean live in such a dump.

"oh come on jet its for the best" I tried to reason with him "you and bean need a proper place to stay"

"I don't know why you're helping me anyway" he muttered "you never liked me and I never liked you"

"aww that's not true" I said reassuringly "sure we had a rivalry going on but I never hated you. Plus we're adults now. Our relationship can change"

"tch whatever!" he looked away angrily. I shook my head fondly. He hasn't changed at all since we were kids!

We arrived at my house. Jet and bean stared up in awe.

"holy crap it's huge!" jet gasped "I guess being a goodie-two-shoes hero has its advantages" he elbowed me playfully before walking in.

We took a step inside. Beans eyes landed on tails toys and his eyes lit up.

"shiny toys!" he yelled excitedly as he jumped out of jets arms and started playing with the toys.

"oh yeah you did tell me you had a kid" jet muttered "where is the little guy?"

"oh he's having a sleepover with his friend cream" I explained "Amy's taking care of him"

"so we're going to be alone for the moment" jet muttered.

"yep!" I grinned "what me to cook you and the kid something up?"

"that would be nice thank you" jet mumbled nervously.

I nodded and ran to the kitchen to start cooking. I ended up making three chilli dogs since I don't really know how to cook anything else!

We sat at the dining table eating food and chatting casually. It feels nice to have company over.