Departure

So Wattpad thought it would give me the lovely gift of completely deleting this chapter! So please bare with me as I try to retype it from memory, and I may edit it multiple times to try and fix it back to the way it was.

Beep Beep Beep!

I grumble as I roll over to silence my alarm and look at the clock.
6:00am, time to get up.

I sit up and rub my eyes, I hate waking up so early. Maybe I would be in a better mood if I was actually not dreading today's events. Oh wait, I am.

I hear a knock on my door. "Yes?" A tiny pipsqueak with long golden blonde hair and bright blue eyes who is my 6-year-old sister skips into my room. "Mama's cooking breakfast! She sent me up here to make sure you were waking up!" I smile. "Well you can tell mama that I'm up and will be down shortly." She nods and skips out of my room.
I'm gonna miss that little munchkin.

I yawn and stand, letting my brown locks fall down over my shoulders. I walk to my door when I stub my toe against my dresser. "Shit!" I mumble holding my toe.

This is gonna be a long day.

After I shower and dress, I go downstairs. "Look what the cat dragged in!" My mother teases as Lexi, my sister, giggles. I snort. "Good morning to you too mom." I laugh while I help Lexi set the table.

We eat in silence. I eat slower than I normally would. Trying to savor the taste of my mothers cooking. She was an amazing cook, and has taught me so much. I can cook just about anything now, but not as well as her of course. I sigh.
"Are you sure you have enough meat for the next 6 weeks?" I look at my mother and she chuckles. "Yes sweetie, you've outdone yourself with the hunting. We have enough meat for the rest of the year! Don't worry so much," she smiles. I look back down at my food. It breaks my heart knowing I'm leaving my family, but I know I will return. I have no desire to run a pack, and I don't belong within one, so I will take the training I receive then come back home. What training? Well my mother had signed me up (unwillingly I should say) to participate in boot camp for a closest pack around us. She says I'll get proper training there, but I have my doubts.

My mother looks at the clock. "Oh goodness we're gonna be late!" I turn to see that it's 6:20am, and we have to be at the bus station by 6:30am. I leap up and run to my room, grab my bag, and run out to the car, where my sister and mother are. I leap in and we pull out of the driveway. I take one last look back at my home, and commit it to memory.

We arrive at the bus station at 6:27am and I run inside to get registered while my mother gets my bag. The lady at the front desk hands me a name tag with the words 'Amber Everwood - Student' on it. I put it on then turn and walk over to my mother and sister, who are just now walking in. I pick Lexi up and place her on my hip. I know she's 6 and I shouldn't keep doing that, but she's not heavy to me, and she seems to enjoy it so why not? I look to my mother. "I don't know if I'm ready for this." My mother runs my back to comfort me and smiles. "Nonsense, you will be just fine, you're a strong girl, I know you can get through it." I smile and hug her. I can feel my wolf, Storm, purr in my mothers embrace. She loves her just as much as I do. My mother suddenly looks at me seriously, and taps my side where my ribs are; where my mark is. "Don't forget about this, no one is to see this, okay?" I nod. "I know mother." She smiles, and I smile back. I'm going to miss you guys so much."
"We're gonna miss you too sweetie, now go, you have a bus to catch. Call us when you can." I nod and set Lexi down and hug her. "I love you Wolfy," she whispers in my ear. I smile. "I love you too pipsqueak." I stand and walk over to the large group of teens with the same name tags as mine.
Before boarding the bus I take one more look at my family. They wave and smile, I wave back and climb aboard.

I set my bag above me then take a seat in the front. I've just left my family yet I already miss them. I hope they'll be okay-
My thoughts are cut off when a red headed, blue eyed girl plops down next to me. "Hi there! My names Maya." I smile at her half heartedly. "I'm Amber, nice to meet you." She smiles back at me. "So what's brought you here?" I raise my eyebrow at her. "Probably the same reason everyone else was brought here." My phone suddenly buzzed. I take it out to see it's a text from my mother: have a safe bus ride!
I smile and reply back 'thanks' then put my phone away. "That your boo thing? Huhhh??" She wiggles her eyebrows suggestively and I laugh. "It was my mother, I don't have a 'boo thing' as you call it." She places a hand on her chest with her jaw wide open. "But you're so beautiful! And you haven't found your mate??" I blush because of the unexpected compliment, then cock my head to the side. "Mate?" She raises an eyebrow. "Yeah, your mate, you know the one the moon goddess has destined you to be with.." She looks at me like I'm a lunatic.
I remember my mother mentioning mates at one point, but she didn't explain what they were.

"Oh." Was my only reply.

"Don't worry, there's gonna be a lot of hunky men here, maybe you'll find him here!" I laugh as she elbows me suggestively. "I don't know about you, but I'm hoping to catch the eye of one of those sexy alphas!" I laugh, then my brow creases. "Wait there's gonna be more than one alpha there?" She nods. "There will be the Blackmoon Pack Alpha there of course, but he recruits other Alphas to help him teach the classes." I nod, that makes sense. "Well good luck to you! I'm not hoping to catch anyone's eye, I don't really want a boyfriend, or a mate." I don't really know the difference, but I know what goes down between a girlfriend and boyfriend, and that means someone who see my mark.

That can't happen.

She shrugs. "Suit yourself."

We spend the rest of the bus ride just talking. This girl is quite crazy, but she's hilarious. I could definitely see myself becoming friends with her.

I hope you guys are enjoying this story! The picture at the top is what I imagine Amber to look like. :)