What Am I Going To Do?

"HELP!! AMBER HELP ME!!" My mother screams. I'm running through the woods, trying to follow my mother's voice, but it's getting fainter and fainter. I'm running as fast as my legs will me, and I'm burning a path as I speed through the forest. "AMBER!! PLEASE!!" My mother cries in pain, screaming my name. I can hear my sister crying, and I pick up the speed. My muscles are aching and my stamina is decreasing, but I keep running. I must find them. I must save them.

Silence.

Nothing, not even a squirrel running across the forest floor. There is no noise at all. All I can hear is the ringing of my ears. I come out of the woods to a clearing; to a horrific scene.

My mother and my sister, ripped to shreds.

Body parts everywhere.

Blood everywhere.

Faces mutilated.

The smell of death fills my nostrils.

I howl in anger and agony, and drop to the ground. I can't look away from their faces. Mutilated, but you can still make out their horrified expressions they had while they took their last breath. I hear a whisper say: "I told you what would happen sweetie." I turn around and am met with those striking green eyes, and that devilish smirk.

I fly up out of my bed, completely out of breath, and covered in my own sweat and tears. I look around, completely disoriented. I'm in my room. I look at the clock on the bedside table; 2:03am. I relax, the realization just now hitting me that it was all a dream. I run my hands through my thick hair, there's no way I'm going back to sleep after that.

I stand, my night gown going halfway down my thighs, and walk quietly over to the door, trying not to wake Maya. I open the door and look up and down the hallway; it's empty. I tip toe out and quietly close the door behind me, and start walking. I wrap my arms around myself, using one hand to rub my aching mark. I'm not really sure where I'm going, I just knew I couldn't stay in that tiny room. I needed some fresh air.

I walk down the stairs and get on the main hallway where the bathrooms are. I get about halfway down the hallway when I hear someone call my name. "Amber? What are you doing out of your room at this time at night?" I turn, and am met with a shirtless Felix. I can't help but stare at his bare chest. He has a very defined 6 pack, and extremely muscular arms. And I thought he was amazing looking fully dressed.

His expression turns from one of confusion to one of worry very quickly when he sees my puffy eyes. "What's wrong? What happened?" He makes his way down the hallway and stands in front of me. I tear my eyes away from his delectable appearance, and shake my head. "Nothing, I uhh, I just need some umm, fresh air." "I'll walk with you then." I sigh, not really in the mood to argue, and we walk outside together.

There's a slight breeze, and it smells of woods and Felix's scent. We walk down a little pathway and I look at him out of the corner of my eye. He walks so gracefully, yet I stumble around like I have two left feet; it's just not fair. I see him look at me, his eyes slightly darker than before, and I quickly dart my eyes away, looking through the forest. "Are you sure nothing's bothering you?" He asks curiously. I sigh. "I just don't really want to talk about it." He looks down, and nods.

The path brings us in a circle as we walk in silence. We end up back at the building, and we walk up to the front door. He opens the door for me, and as I walk in I feel his hand on the small of my back, guiding me inside. I gasp as the sparks go off like raging fireworks, and shake my head to clear it. He keeps his hand on my back as we walk. We get back to my room, and he faces me. "You okay to go back in there now?" I look down, but nod. "Yeah umm, I-I'll be okay." I rub my own arms, which I still wrapped around myself. He nods, and glides his fingers over my cheek. I feel the sparks fly, and I unwillingly lean my face into his fingers. I can feel those deep blue eyes staring straight into my soul. He places that hand on the back of my neck, and slowly leans down, placing his other hand on my waist, and kisses me. The sparks that went through my body cut me like a knife. He was so passionate, yet so gentle in the kiss, and I wrap my arms around his neck. I let out a soft moan as he deepens the kiss. After awhile he breaks away and leaves small kisses down my neck, as I pull him closer to me. He pulls away after awhile, and looks at me in the eyes. And that's when I suddenly come to my senses.

"Oh my god I can't believe we did that! I can't do that, this-this isn't right!" I push him away, and he looks back at me completely shocked. "Amber-" "No please, I-I'm sorry." I walk into my room, still quietly enough that I didn't wake Maya, as I try to catch my breath.

I can't let that happen again. No. I can't be his mate, it's just not possible. I'm no ones mate, I'm meant to stay with my family, and protect them. I don't want to be part of a pack, I don't want to be a Luna. I don't want him, or anybody for that matter, to know about my mark; about me. Yet what just happened out in that hallway, it felt so..right.

What am I going to do?

I just want to take a moment and acknowledge the fact that this story has reached over 100 reads! I know that's probably not a lot for some authors but it's definitely a lot more me! I just want to say thank you for taking the time to read this story, and I really hope you're enjoying it! :)