Cat's out of the bag

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I can hear the beating of a heart monitor, and the humming of the nurses office lights. I have no idea how long I've been stuck in the darkness, but I cling to the sound of these 2 things; they're the only thing I know is real now.

I've had horrible nightmares. Some feeling so real that I was actually worried for my own safety.

I've tried to open my eyes or move my limps, but my body just won't cooperate. Until now.

I take a deep breath, and slowly open my eyes, and I'm immediately blinded by the bright lights of the nurses office. After a minute of my eyes getting adjusted, I look at myself, inspecting the damage.

I seem to have a slashed up neck from Blaine's teeth, an arm that was completely broken in half, and my entire body was practically blue, black, and purple from bruises. I also take note that I am in nothing but a patient gown, but that doesn't bother me, everyone here already knows. I sigh, and go to sit up. I look around, and see Felix sitting in a chair across the room, sleeping soundly. He looks so peaceful. So innocent. I can't help but stare at him.

The nurse nods on the door and walks in, and bows her head in respect. "Hello Miss Everwood. How are you feeling right now?" I sigh. "I've seen better days," I flinch as she inspects my broken arm. "Do you need some more pain medicine?" I shake my head, but I see her inject something into my IV anyway. She looks back at me. "Do you need anything else Miss Everwood?" I shake my head, and she bows her head once more, then walks out.

I'm looking out the window when I hear Felix stirring in the chair. I look over to be met with his sleepy eyes opening. He finds me awake, and shoots up out of the chair. "Amber?? Are you okay?? How are you feeling??" I nod. "I'm fine Felix." He glares at my injuries. "You don't look fine." I lean back again, and looks up at him. "I'll be okay, in time." He sighs, his face looking sad. "Why did you run?" My brow creases as I look at him confused. "What do you mean?" "I mean why did you leave Amber? The direction you were running you lead you straight out of the pack territory. Why did you want to leave?" He looks almost like he's in pain. I look down. "I thought it would be for the best." He takes my hand, and I wince slightly. He immediately lets me go, and looks down at his hands.
"Why didn't you tell me?"

I look back up. "Tell you what?"

"That you're a fire wolf." I sigh, I knew this question was coming.

"I've never told anyone Felix, ever. The only people who know are my direct family. None of my aunts or uncles or anyone like that knows, none of my friends know, my mother raised me to never tell anyone. And so when I found out you were my mate, I was completely torn, and that's why I never let you mark me. I wasn't about to let you claim me as a mate without telling you what I am. I-I was scared that you would reject me.." I keep my eyes down, looking at my fingers in my lap. He uses his pointer finger to raise my head to look at him.
"Amber this doesn't make me look at you any different. You're still that beautiful, strong girl who caught my eye the first day of camp. And nothing, will change that, ever. I-I love you, Amber." He looks down in his lap when he says that.

His words echo in my head. I love you, Amber. I never thought I would see the day when someone other than family said those words to me. I loved the way it sounded. I loved the way he said my name. I loved him.

"I love you too, Felix." I seen him close his eyes and shake his head a little. When he opened them they were darker than before, but that quickly went away, and he smiled.

"How are you feeling now?" The nurse asks.

"Better than before." I sit up and swing my legs over the bed side. The nurse nods.

"Your vital signs are now in tact, so you are free to sign out when you're ready." I smile and nod. "Thank you." She bows her head then leaves. I take Felix's hand and we walk out of the nurse's office.

It's completely dark outside. Jesus how long have I been out for?

We walk back hand in hand to Felix's room. He unlocks the door and we walk inside. He shuts the door and walks up behind me and hugs me gently. "I'm glad you're okay." He whispers while trailing small kisses down my neck. I knew where this was about to lead, but this time I didn't have a reason to stop it. He knew my biggest secret, and he accepted it. He accepted me. And I love him so much.

We continued into our first blissful night together.

I was finally happy.