Bakugou Hates RomComs

POV KATSUKI

"Oi, nerd!" I call to Deku as he and Uraraka are leaving the classroom.

"What is it, Kacchan?" Deku asks, looking over his shoulder. Uraraka gives him a puzzled look, but he just tells her he'll meet up with him back at the dorms. The classroom is empty, aside from Mr. Aizawa who's ushering us out so he can go home. Our sensei glares at us, but I just ignore him. "Can we talk in the hallway?" Deku asks softly. "Mr. Aizawa looks tired."

"Extra credit for Midoriya for considering my well-being," Aizawa grumbles, slugging to the door. "But you guys can stay here. I'm going to head home, and I trust that you two won't break out into another jealousy-fueled fist fight."

"Got it!" Deku says. "See you tomorrow morning, Sensei!" Aizawa just grumbles his response, making it barely audible. He pulls the door closed behind him, making Deku's face flush red. "S-so what did you need, Kacchan?"

"It wasn't supposed to be this big of a deal," I say, averting my eyes. "I just wanted to know if you were training today. I fucking forgot to sign up for a slot, and since you and IcyHot are the only people I can train with, I thought I'd see if you were willing to get your ass beat."

"I was planning on skipping training today and going to the movies with Uraraka," Deku says, frowning softly. "Why not ask Todoroki?"

For some reason, I'm angry. Thankfully, my teacher's voice echoes through my head, reminding me not to fight in the classroom. So instead I settle for some colorful words. "You know what? Nevermind, you fucking scumbag. Fuck you and your dumb little whore." I push past Deku aggressively, purposely trying to knock him to the floor like a bowling pin. But he just bounces back up and grabs my wrist.

"Wait!" he squeals, holding me in place. I could break free, but I don't. "I'll train with you on one condition."

"I don't want your fucking pity," I growl at him.

"Just hear me out," Deku says gently. "And don't kill me. Today is Thursday. My slot is from four to six, and the movie starts at five thirty. I'll train with you... if you go to the movies with me."

I grunt, feeling my face heat up. I turn my head away from him while my shoulders tense. I clear my throat, adjust my stance, blink slower. "That sounds stupid as hell," I grumble. But flashes of going on a movie date with Deku roll through my mind, and butterflies erupt in my stomach. What the hell, Katsuki? What's wrong with you? Snap out of it!

"You don't have to go," Deku says a little too quickly. "It's fine. I mean, it's Uraraka's ticket after all."

"What's the damn movie about?" I say with a scowl.

"Uh, it's a romantic comedy," Deku squeaks. "But seriously, you don't have to go. I was, uh, joking. Yeah, it was a joke. I mean, why would I want to go on a movie date with you? Not that it was a date offering. Not that it wasn't. I mean if you want to go on a date we could make it a date but you're kind of my bully. You don't really bully me as much as you did in middle school, but you're still rude. I'm not bothered, of course! I think it's hot when you cuss. I mean- uh- shoot..." Deku's rambling stops, and the two of us hold a very awkward silence. His freckles are consumed by his blush, and he tilts his head downward just a bit so his green hair covers his naturally teary eyes.

"Sure, whatever," I blurt, shoving my hands in my pockets. "I'll go on a stupid date with you, nerd."

"Nice," Deku whispers, his voice quivering. "So, uh, training?"

"Yeah." There's no way in hell that I've ever met such an awkwardly adorable person. "What are you just standing there for, you moron? Let's go! I've got a fight to win!" Deku smirks, trailing after me as I leave the room.