Polygenisis ≠ Polyamorous

POV Shinso

"So you're polygenesis?" Denki asks as he plops down on the couch beside me, wiggling his eyebrows. We just finished math tutoring, and I promised him a movie night with a movie and snacks of his choice. So we're surrounded by skittles and gummy bears, wrapped up in a fluffy blanket, watching Detective Pichachu for the sixth time.

"Polygenesis?" I echo, confused as hell. "What?"

"Y'know," Denki continues, making weird gestures with his hands. "Polygenesis. Like, liking more than one person?"

"Polyamourous?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. Denki smiles wide, nodding quickly. "First, those words aren't even REMOTELY similar besides the first four letters. Second, yeah, why're you asking?"

"No reason," he giggles. "Now hush, my favorite part is coming up."

"Liar," I tease, ruffling my fingers through his hair. "Why did you want to know? Hiding something, blondie?"

"No!" Denki squeals as I start to tickle his sides. "N-no! Shinso, quit it!" he cries, laughing hysterically. I tell him I won't stop until he tells me why he asked, and immediately he blurts out the answer. "I'm sleeping with Bakugou, and I think I've got a crush on Midoriya!"

I stop, pulling my hands back. Denki stares at me, eyes wide. He looks like he's wracked with guilt, but he shouldn't be. I knew he and Katsuki were being intimate way before the two of us started dating, and it was always my plan to have Izuku in our relationship as well. Just... hearing him say it out loud felt like a small stab in my chest. "I know," I say softly. "I just wanted you to say it out loud."

"You knew?" Denki says breathlessly. "And you haven't broken up with me yet? I cheated on you, Shinso. You should hate me."

"Why would I do that?" I say with a small chuckle. "I've got a crush on both of them, too."

"Polygenesis," Denki giggles. "Right, I forgot."

"Polyamourous," I correct him, "and yeah, you dofus."

"So..." Denki whispers. "Does that mean I didn't cheat?"

"No," I say, popping a skittle into my mouth. "You 100% cheated on me."

Denki pretty much throws himself at me, burying his head in my chest. "I'm sorry!" he wails. "Midoriya is just so sweet and adorable and harmless, and... well, I knew it was a bad idea with Bakugou, but he's so hot and intimidating, I just couldn't say no."

"Katsuki? Intimidating?" I chuckle, pulling Denki on my lap. "That's funny because when he and I did it, he was a mess."

"YOU TOPPED BAKUGOU KATSUKI?" Denki squeals. "NO FREAKIN' WAY, DUDE!"

"Sure as hell did," I reply. "Why don't we ask him?" Before Denki can respond, I take out my phone and text Katsuki to come over.

Katsuki: I can't, dumbass. I'm with my nerd

Me: bring him, too

Me: Denki wants you guys over here

Katsuki: ...For what?

Me: Sleepover movie night <3 

Me: Don't keep our blondie waiting, you psychopath :P

"I can't believe you just did that," Denki breathes. "What the actual fricky frack fuck! Shinso, the butterflies in my stomach are eating me!"

"You'll be alright, babe," I chuckle, ruffling his hair. "Trust me, I've got this all under control. Remember, the more the merrier."