His Room is Cold

Denki wasn't invited to the class meeting last night, and even if he had been, he wouldn't have attended. After his family left, he spent the rest of the day in his room playing Breath Of The Wild on his Switch. But his heart wasn't in it. He couldn't think about anything besides his mom and how miserable she looked. If his family made both him and his mom so upset, then why did they visit every year? 

Denki tossed his Switch to the end of his bed, his eyebrows furrowed with frustration. Everything would be so much better if his dad was still around. He didn't put up with any of their southern, traditional bullshit. And he made Narihanna stronger, too. They were so much stronger when he dad was around. 

Why did he have to go?

Denki pushed the thought from his mind. He didn't want to make himself any more upset than he already was. He just needed to clear his mind, play his video games, and eventually go to sleep. In the morning, he'd have some breakfast, entertain his family, and then repeat. He could do this! He just had to stop thinking, stop thinking, stop fucking thinking about it!

Dad killed himself. I should kill myself. I should...

There was a knock on Denki's door, snapping him from his thoughts and forcing him back into reality. He hadn't even noticed he was crying. Quickly, he wiped his face and rushed to the door. He didn't know who he was expecting, but this certainly wasn't it.

"Bakugou," Denki said, a little breathless. "What are you-- oh, do you wanna...? S-sorry, can we hold off tonight? I'm not really in the mood--"

"No, you airhead," Katsuki grumbled. "I'm not here to fuck you."

Denki tilted his head, confused. "Then what are you here for?"

"Is your room cold?" 

"Huh?"

"I asked if your fucking room is cold."

"Oh. Uh, not really? Why--"

Katsuki didn't even let him finish. He yanked Denki by the wrist and dragged him along to the elevator. Denki kept blabbing on, confused and rightfully so, but he didn't get any answers until he was shoved into Katsuki's dorm. His eyes met Izuku and Hitoshi, who were cuddling on a large futon on the floor. Izuku seemed to be only partially awake, his face pressed against Hitoshi's chest; Hitoshi was scrolling on his phone and had to look twice to register the second blonde entering the room.

"I thought you were going to the bathroom?" Hitoshi snickered. "What, were you still cold?"

"Shut the hell up," Katsuki snapped. "Sparky said his room is cold, so..."

"Uh, it's really not that big of a deal, man, I didn't even--"

"Look, if you wanna leave, then fucking leave," Katsuki huffed, dropping down on the futon. "I was just tryna be nice."

Denki sniffled back the remnants of his tears as a smile creeped onto his face. He flicked off the light and climbed onto the futon, laying between Katsuki and Izuku. He was hesitant and felt a little out of place, but the feeling quickly faded. Katsuki spooned him from behind, wrapping his around around Denki's waist and curling his knees up so they fit like puzzle pieces. Denki draped his arm around Izuku's torso, pressing his cheek to the freckled boy's back. Hitoshi had his arm around both Izuku and Denki, his hand brushing Katsuki's. The four boys, even Hitoshi, fell asleep quickly. 

They woke up as a messy pile of limbs. Izuku half-snuggling half-crushing Denki, Katsuki sucking Hitoshi's thumb in his sleep, Hitoshi's fingers knotted into Izuku's knotted curls, tugging on them every time he moved even the slightest bit. Groaning, Izuku rolled over, his shoulder properly smushing Denki's nose.