Algebraic Romance

POV DENKI

"Hey Shinso," I say with a sigh as I plop down at his dining room table. "Did Mr. Aizawa and Present Mic leave already?"

"Yeah," Shinso says, cracking out a monster can. He organizes our books and papers on the table, eyes narrowing. "Finals are in less than a month, and you've improved a lot from when we first started working together. I think we just have to work on Math. Are you focused enough to start, because this is gonna be a lot."

I feel my face heat up as he glances up at me. "There's actually, um, something I wanted to ask you about..." I say softly.

"Okay," Shinso says. "Shoot."

My blush multiples, and I slam my face down onto the table. My forehead smacks against the wood, and I let out a pitiful groan. "It's nothing," I whimper out. "Let's do algebra."

"Don't be a brat," Shinso chuckles. "What is it?" I sit back up and cover my face with my hands, muffling my words. I spit out some gibberish, but Shinso grabs my wrists and pins them on the table. "Speak, Denki."

"I have a crush on you," I blurt out faster than my brain can process. I just feel the heat of his hand, and I can't stop my word vomit. "I've had a crush on you since you joined our class for training that one day. I can't get you out of my head, and tutoring with you all these weeks has literally been driving me insane because I– well, that's not something I'm gonna dive into," I gasp, laughing awkwardly. Shinso releases my wrists, and I cover my face, feeling the heat radiate off my cheeks.

"Alright," Shinso says plainly. "Well, if it soothes your embarrassment, I like you too."

"Wha- what?!" I squeal, jumping up. All my confidence washes back over me as I make electric finger guns and dance around. "Hell yeah! So are we dating? Can we date?"

"You want to be my boyfriend, Denki?" Shinso says, his voice low and raspy. I freeze, nothing moving but my head bobbing back and forth as I nod. "Sweet. Now sit down and solve these problems. Your algebra grade is horrendous."

"Rude!" I groan, plopping back down on my seat. "If I do these stupid problems, will you take me on a date?"

"If you do the problems and get them right," Shinso teases, "I'll take you out for laser tag and milkshakes." As soon as the words leave his mouth, my pencil moves at the speed of sound. I only missed one question, but Shinso took me out anyway, 'cause I'm just that good.