Sugar Rush

A/N: Addison Grace anyone?

Mina picked out his outfit, and even if Denki wanted to object, he couldn't. After all, one of Mina's favourite hobbies was dressing the boys up like Barbie dolls. Denki was the most frequent, getting his lightning bolt touched up and his makeup done. He thought it was strange at first, since he grew up with girl things and boy things distinctly separated, but eventually Denki found himself looking forward to it.

For his date with Izuku, Mina dressed him up in blue jeans and a yellow t-shirt with a long sleeved collared shirt underneath. The whole outfit was considerably baggy and oversized, but not so much so that it didn't look semi-formal. Like Denki had thought long and hard about what to wear.

Mina spent at least half an hour gushing over him, adding accessories here and there before touching up his face. She did a light smokey eye look, then went over his lips with Vaseline lip balm. After another half an hour of Mina combing, preening, wetting, drying, and adding products to his hair, Denki was ready to go.

"Don't forget your wallet," Mina blurted. "Maybe you should just take a bag. Ugh, but it wouldn't go with the outfit! Do you think you'll be okay to just keep your money in your pocket? Another thing, the eyeliner and eyeshadow isn't waterproof, so be careful! I ran out of waterproof. You should be alright, but—"

"Mina," Denki said, failing to fight back his chuckle. Mina's dark eyes snapped up at him, frantic but listening closely. "Relax. You're the best. You got me covered, right?"

Mina sighed, pulling Denki into a tight hug. "You know it's bad when I'm the one freaking out and you're calm," she teased.

"Pfft, trust me, I'm anything but calm," Denki laughed. "My mind is going a mile a minute. I just can't keep up with it right now."

Mina pulled back from the hug, resting her hands on Denki's shoulders and looking him dead in the eyes. "Aw, bestie... you have this is the bag. You're gonna do fantastic."

Denki smiled, big and bright. "Thanks, M. Doesn't mean I'm not nervous as hell, though."

"Pfft, if you weren't nervous, I'd be fucking worried," Hanta chimed in as they strolled into Denki's dorm. "You look nice, by the way, man."

"Thanks Hanta," Denki chirped.

"You ready to go?" Mina asked, giving Denki a weary look.

Denki nodded. "Now or never, right?"

"It's just milkshakes, Denks," Hanta chuckled.

"Yeah, with Midoriya," Denki replied. "I'll die if I make myself look like an idiot in front of him."

"You'll be fine," Mina said, "and if you're not, text me and Hanta and I will save the day."

"We've got your back," Hanta cheered. "Now go get 'em! He's waiting outside!"

Denki rushed downstairs, nearly tripping over himself as he went. His ADHD told him the elevator would take too long, so he took the risk of bolting down the stairs. Electricity pumped through his veins, and Denki forced it down to his fingertips so it wouldn't mess up his hair or clothes.

Midoriya was standing by the door, with Uraraka and Iida fussing over him. He was wearing tan cargo pants, a black t-shirt, and an oversized gray flannel. Uraraka was threading through his tangled green curls, cursing him for not brushing through them earlier; Iida was giving him a stern lecture, reminding him that having the two reckless sunshine boys going out by themselves wasn't exactly the best idea.

But Izuku insisted on it. He insisted on being with Denki. That alone could've made Denki short-circuit.

"Oh! Kaminari-kun!" Uraraka exclaimed.