Chapter 2: Opening up and a reunion

Monday, september 28th 2019 Joe POV

It's been a bit over a week since I got to the new dorm. Overall it's been a very good week. The KDA girls were way too patient with me for their own good, my new song was released and is soaring through the charts, and when it comes to my social skills I've finally started making some progress although the only person I can have half a conversation with is Kai'sa and with her being an introvert as well, conversations get awkward pretty quick. I just got dressed, cleaned up and left my room. Downstairs I grabbed my leftover sandwich from yesterday and sat down at a table before turning on the radio.

???: Good morning~

I looked around and saw Evelynn and Ahri sitting on a couch while tapping around on their phones. Seeing as I just took a bite out of my sandwich, I just waved. Most of the stuff on the radio was boring. I finished my sandwich and threw the wrapper in the trash right as Akali and Kai'sa came down.

Kai'sa: Morning.

Akali just let out a yawn.

Ahri: Hey you two.

Akali: Hey Joe anything interesting on the radio?

Before I could reply, the radio did it for me.

Radio: Good morning Piltover! Welcome back to Monday Music News! This week on MMN we got a shocker for you, the queens that have ruled the charts for almost a year have been dethroned.

All of us snapped our heads toward the radio.

Akali: No way.

Radio: You heard it here first folks, KDA after being on the number one spot have tumbled not just to number two, but to number three of the top 100.

Is this really happening right now?

Radio: The anonymous artist known as Deeps has claimed the number one and number two spots with his last two singles 'Rumors' and 'Cold'

Calm down, don't jump around like a rabbit on drugs. I looked toward the girls to see mixed reactions. Ahri looked sad, Evelynn looked indifferent, Akali had a smirk on her face and Kai'sa looked absolutely gutted, which made feel bad about it. Not a lot, but just a little.

Evelynn: I guess it had to happen at some point.

Ahri: I know, but I wouldn't have minded to be at the top for a while longer.

Akali: I don't see your issue. This guy Deeps makes awesome music. We can use this as motivation to become better.

Oh stop it, you're gonna make me blush. I was snapped out of it by multiple ringtones. All of our phones were overflowing with notifications, Twitter and Reddit blew up. I got messages from my family and Sera saying how proud they were and that I did a good job. Taric also sent a text.

Taric: Good job kid, take your time with Fight Back. Enjoy the spotlight.

Then I checked twitter to see a tweet from Sona. THE Sona from Pentakill just mentioned me in a tweet. It took everything I had in order not to squeal or fangirl.

@Pentakill_Sona: Big shoutout and congratulations to @Deeps_Official for reaching the top of the charts! Rock on dude!

I can die a happy man now. I looked up from my phone to see Akali with a confused look.

Akali: You gonna answer the question?

Question?

Joe: Hm?

Akali: I asked you why you think Deeps made it to the top. Since you seem to enjoy music we'd like to hear your opinion on the matter

Okay now don't stutter.