Chapter 11: Loss

Saturday, january 16th 2020

I woke up naked. I looked down and saw Kai'sa laying also naked on my chest with her head snuggled into the crook of my neck. Memories from last night came back to me and a smile found its way onto my face. I caressed her waist and slid my hand all over the side of her body. She began to stir and slowly her purple eyes fluttered open. She looked at me and gave a wide smile.

Kai'sa: Good morning...

Joe: Morning. How are you feeling?

Kai'sa: After last night? Amazing.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and looked at it.

Joe: It's 9am we should probably get up now.

Kai'sa leaned deeper into my neck, taking in a deep breath.

Kai'sa: I don't wanna.

Joe: We have to. I gotta talk to Seraphine and we also have that meeting later. You know...about the tournament that starts in nine days.

Kai'sa: I know, but I want more cuddles.

Joe: I never would've thought that you would be the needy one.

Kai'sa: Fine.

So we got up, took a shower together, got dressed and went downstairs where we saw the rest of the girls. Eve just looked at Kai'sa and let out a laugh.

Evelynn: You look happy this morning~

Kai'sa: I don't know what you mean. I'm always happy.

She went to the kitchen while humming a little tune, before returning with a bowl of cereal.

Kai'sa: Before I forget. Pay up~

Ahri, Akali and Eve sat there in stunned silence.

Ahri: You mean?

Kai'sa: Yup.

Akali: When?

Kai'sa: Last night.

Evelynn: How was it?

Kai'sa: Heavenly.

They then got up and handed Kai'sa one hundred dollars each.

Joe: You actually made a bet on who I did it with first?

KDA: Uh huh.

Joe: Wow....

Seraphine then came downstairs. She looked at us with stars in her eyes and barely kept her inner fangirl in check.

Seraphine: Morning...

Joe: Hey. How did you sleep last night?

Seraphine: Pretty good. This shool sure goes all out to make sure students are comfortable.

Joe: Good to hear. Any plans for today?

Seraphine: I gotta go to the police station since they want to ask me a few questions, then I gotta make a few calls to get that door replaced, then I have to work.

Joe: Sounds good. How are you feeling?

Seraphine: Good all things considered. Although I'm still shaken at the fact that you almost died in my arms though.

Joe: Me too, but I'm glad Akali got there when she did.

Evelynn: Only Akali huh?

Joe: You know what I mean babe.

Sera looked very confused.

Seraphine: I thought you were dating Akali?

Joe: I am.