Chapter 12: Games

Wednesday, june 10th 2020 Joe POV 10am

It's been a bit over three months since my dad's funeral. I spent countless nights out on the streets looking for Jhin, but I have yet to find anything. I've gotten into lots of trouble with the girls because of my many disappearances. They don't know that I'm looking for him and on more than one occasion accused me of seeing another girl. After another wasted night I went back to the dorm and quietly got in bed and snuggled up to Ahri. As I was laying there I kept thinking on what to do. That's when an idea popped into my head. If I can't go to Jhin, I'll just have to make Jhin come to me. There was this news reporter that wanted me on her show and interview me since I'm the son of one of Jhin's victims.
As soon as I woke up I sent an email to the news reporter. It didn't take long for her to reply and the interview is at 2pm. Then I went downstairs and saw the girls sitting at a table and they were having a hushed conversation.

Joe: Hey guys!

They turned to me with mixed expressions. Eve looked angry, Kai'sa was sad, while Ahri and Akali looked heartbroken.

Joe: What's wrong?

Ahri: Joe.....be honest. Are you seeing someone else?

Joe: In what way?

Evelynn: In a romantic way, don't play stupid!

Akali: If....If you don't love us anymore just tell us and we'll end our relationship. There is no point in leading us on.

Tears escaped her eyes as she barely managed to croak out the words.

Joe: No. I'm not seeing anyone else.

Kai'sa: Then why are you spending so many nights away?

Joe: I can't tell you.

Evelynn: So there is someone else!

Beneath all that anger in her voice was a genuine sadness and it was clear that Eve was starting to break down.

Joe: There isn't.

Evelynn: Then why?!

Joe: Because....

Ahri: Look Joe, in a relationship there are two important things. Trust and honesty. We're trying to trust you for the last three months now, but you're making it increasingly difficult. You are currently risking everything there is between us and you won't tell us why?

I sighed. They're right.

Joe: Fine....I was out looking for Jhin.

Kai'sa: You're not serious are you?

I didn't answer and just looked at the ground.

Akali: Oh my god you're serious.

Joe: I am.

Evelynn: Darling....I know you could probably take him on, but are you sure this is worth it?

Joe: Probably not, but I have to do this...

Ahri: But what i-

She was quickly interrupted.

Evelynn: If that is your wish. Then we'll let you be. You got any plans today?

Joe: Yes actually. I got an interview at 2. I should be back by 4:30. It's gonna be live on channel 4 so if you want to watch then be my guest.

Akali: Sounds good.

Evelynn: At least we have something to watch.

So we continued talking and eventually at 1pm I had to leave. I decided to go on foot and enjoy the nice scenery of Piltover. After almost an hour of walking I arrived at the news building