Chapter 17: Flight

Joe POV

It was the day after the concert and I barely managed to untangle myself from the pile of bodies on top of me. I went downstairs and started cooking some food. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes and french toast. One by one the girls came down. They sat at the kitchen counter and looked at me.

Joe: What is it?

Ahri: This is the first time you made us breakfast without us having a hangover.

Joe: Don't expect it to be great, I haven't cooked real food in over a year.

Kai'sa: Real food?

Joe: I'm not believing for a second that the prison canned tuna is actual tuna.

Seraphine: It was that bad huh?

Joe: When the main ingredient to a lot of food is instant ramen noodles, you're happy to make real food again.

Akali: What else did you learn to make?

Joe: I learned how to make wine in prison.

Evelynn: Wine you say?

Joe: Trust me, you don't want to try it. It tastes disgusting, but it would get the other inmates drunk. I made a lot of money with that stuff.

Ahri: Money? In prison?

Joe: Yup. We earned about 1 dollar per hour of training and 2 per hour of testing. Everything in prison has a price. How do you think I got the tattoos?

Akali: What did you miss the most when you were locked up?

Joe: Uhmmm....You guys?

Seraphine: Beside us, or your family.

Joe: Hmmm...fresh air, or being able to shave, real food, not having to pay an arm and a leg for a bottle of water.

Kai'sa: You couldn't shave for a year?

Joe: Yeah, apparently some guy killed himself with a razor and they didn't sell any ever since.

Ahri: Because of the pain?

Joe: Yeah.

The girls looked at me with worry. I took a bite of my pancakes.

Joe: Don't worry. This time I got two things I didn't have in prison.

Evelynn: Like what?

Joe: You guys, and painkillers

Evelynn: Gumiho, when do we have the meeting with management regarding the diamond VIP tickets and our new member?

Ahri: In about an hour or so.

Joe: Then I'll leave for my mom's house to pack. Quick question, can one of you come with me?

Akali: You need help packing?

Joe: Not really, it's just that my mom will kill me if I don't show up with one of you.

Seraphine: What?

Joe: Well, after I told her about the break up.

The girls winced, probably still upset about that one.

Joe: She kicked me out and told me if I came back without any of you, she would make me regret coming out of prison.

Kai'sa: I'll come with you.

Joe: Thanks bokkie.

Kai'sa: Any time.

Akali: Yeah, I still need to pack too.

Evelynn: I thought we told you to be ready two days ago?

Akali: You did.

Seraphine: Then why aren't you ready?