Chapter 9: Dark side

Friday, january 1st 2020 9am

I woke up and saw that the only one still in my bed was Ahri. She was laying fully on my chest with her head in the crook of my neck. Her tails were still wrapped around us and she was just in her underwear. She was breathing softly. I tried shaking her only to find out that she was already awake.

Ahri: Morning.

Joe: Morning. Where are the others?

She cuddled deeper into my neck, letting out a soft yawn, before asking in a sarcastic tone.

Ahri: Why don't you just focus on me babe?

Joe: Just curious to know where they are.

Ahri: Well, Kai'sa is helping your mom make breakfast and Eve is probably drinking coffee downstairs. They're trying to calm your mom down for when you get down there. And Akali is-

Before she could finish the sentence she was interrupted by Akali vomiting in the bathroom.

Ahri: -having a date with the toilet.

Akali: I heard that! BLERGH!

I stood up and walked over to the bathroom to see Akali hunched over the toilet.

Joe: You okay?

Akali: Do I look like I'm okay?

Joe: Shouldn't have had so many drinks then.

Akali: I know. Go downstairs, I'll meet you there when I'm done here.

I got out of the bathroom to see Ahri had left, so I got dressed and headed out. On the way down Ahri joined me and we went to the kitchen. Mom and Kai'sa were eating breakfast and Eve just enjoyed a cup of coffee.

Joe/Ahri: Morning.

Kai'sa waved.

Evelynn: Morning darling~, Ahri.

Lilith: Good morning you two. Where's Akali?

Joe: Having a date with the toilet.

Lilith: This is exactly why I didn't want you to drink.

Joe: I didn't have any troubles getting up, nor did I rush to the bathroom.

Lilith: Not the point. What if you get into an accident next time?

Joe: I'd probably be fine except for a few bruises. I heal fast, remember?

Lilith: Yes, you might walk away from the crash, but someone else probably won't. Take these girls for example. They don't heal at your rate. One injury is all it takes to end their careers or worse, lives. If you had picked up your phone when I called you and just told me that you had a couple of drinks, I would've come pick you up. Or just let Evelynn drive you all home and get your car the next day.

I looked down and let out a sigh.

Joe: You're right, I'm sorry.

Lilith: At least you know you did something wrong. At what time are you leaving?

I looked at the girls.

Evelynn: How about we wait until Akali can suppress the urge to vomit. Then we'll head out.

So we all started packing again....with me packing Akali's bag. After packing the girls and I were in the living room waiting for Akali. After 20 minutes she came downstairs.

Akali: Morning, sorry I'm late.

Evelynn: Took you long enough.

Akali: I know...next time I won't drink so much.