Chapter 13: All good things come to an end

Thursday, june 11th 2020 10am

I woke up with my head on Eve's chest. I groaned as I got up. The claw marks on my back healed, but definitely left scars. I wonder why....the only time I got scars was because of Eve. I checked my phone and saw a message from Fiora.

Fiora: My office. Right. Now

So I grabbed some clothes and took a shower. As I got out Eve was looking at me.

Evelynn: Going somewhere?

Joe: Fiora wants me in her office.

Evelynn: That's odd. What could she want so early in the morning?

Joe: Guess I'll find out soon enough.

I walked out of the room and went downstairs. I said hello to everyone present and left. The whole walk I was thinking why she would want to see me. I entered her office and she looked at me with a serious expression.

Joe: You wanted to talk to me?

Fiora: What were you thinking?!

Joe: Beg your pardon?

Fiora: How could you possibly think killing Jhin was a good idea?!

So that's what this is about....I'm so screwed.

Joe: Word spreads fast.

Fiora: You were all over the news! Half the world thinks you're a hero, the other half fears you!

Joe: Look I didn't know there was a camera. Or that he was powerless. I just wanted him to pay for what he did.

Fiora: I know...but you're in a whole heap of trouble. You're lucky the school is a neutral zone. As long as you're on school grounds, police can't do anything, but as soon as you set a foot outside they have permission to take you in.

Joe: Fuck...

Fiora: You're right about that. Look I know some people who can get you out of Piltover and back to Noxus where you'll be safe. Though you would never be able to come back.

I thought about it for a second. I would be safe back home with my family, but I would lose everything. I would barely see the girls  or Sera again. I made friends with Sett and True Damage....

Joe: I can't do that.

Fiora: Joe....listen to what you're saying for a second. A person with power killing a powerless is one of the worst crimes you can commit. They might just execute you.

Joe: But if I went to Noxus I would be a wanted fugitive for the rest of my life...I would never be able to see my friends again. I can't live with that.

Fiora: Think about your mother....she lost her husband three months ago. What if she lost you now?

Joe: I just can't leave everything behind like a coward. I got myself into this mess in the first place. I have to own up to my mistakes. If I get executed....then so be it.

Fiora: You really have changed haven't you?

Joe: You just had to put me on a team didn't you?

That got a bit of a laugh out of her.

Fiora: At least think about it.

Joe: I will.

I turned around and left her office before calling Sera.

Seraphine: Hey bestie! How nice of you to call for once.

Joe: Hey Sera are you free next wednesday? It's important