Chapter 20: Marriage and going public

Joe POV

A couple of days have passed since the concert and in that time, a few things happened. Ahri and I have gone to the location of the wedding and helped organize the stage, discussed where to put the fog machines, how I would make my entrance, etcetera. Then Ekko and I went to the studio to record our new song titled: Godzilla. Last thing of the week was the girls and I going clothes shopping, which was a mess to say the least...they constantly tried to one up each other with 'better' and more expensive dresses which lead to a few cat fights between Ahri and Eve.

All of these events eventually bring us to today. I was sitting in the bathroom of our hotel, while Kai'sa talked to me through the door.

Kai'sa: Come on baby, we got to go!

Joe: Go without me. I can't do this!

Kai'sa: It's gonna be fine, you've performed on stage before.

Joe: Yeah, with a mask on!

Then I heard Sera walk up.

Seraphine: Is he still in there? We need to leave soon.

Kai'sa: The nerves are getting to him.

Seraphine: I understand where he's coming from. He's scared the world will turn against him, and if that happened it could ruin our careers as well.

Kai'sa: He should know by now that we care more about him than our careers....

Seraphine: He's always been like this...always caring more about the ones close to him than himself.

Akali: Come on out already babe. If you don't I'll just get Eve and she'll drag you out of there.

The voice of Akali caught me a bit off guard, but seeing as she was right, I got up and headed out of the bathroom and saw the girls standing in front of me.

Sera was wearing a long pink dress that perfectly matched her hair.
Kai'sa was wearing a tight purple dress that compliments her eyes.
Akali was wearing a more traditional Ionian dress without heels.

I was about to speak, but Ahri and Eve walked up to us.
Ahri wore a long blue dress with some gold bits here and there.
Eve was wearing a revealing strapless black dress

Evelynn: You're out? Good, I thought I had to break the door down and drag you out myself. We should go now, the limo is here.

I nod and grab my blazer before we head downstairs and get in the limousine. The ride was quiet, I was freaking out on the inside. Not just about the performance, but also about how my grandfather would react to me bringing five girls....and none of them being noxian...meanwhile Kai'sa was trying to comfort my nervousness and Ahri was looking at me with a look, the same look a predator would give to its prey, but whenever I looked at her she would instantly look away.

The limousine stopped and as the girls were about to climb out I spoke up.

Joe: Hey girls? Before we go in there....just know that whatever my grandfather says...I love you and I will let nothing happen to you.

Kai'sa: Where's this coming from?

Joe: My grandfather is complicated. Last time Vero introduced a boyfriend to him, he pretty much threatened him into breaking up with her, simply because he wasn't noxian.

Akali came over and hugged me.

Akali: Relax....you're not going to get rid of us that easily.

I nod and we climb out of the car where we are greeted by a raven.

Raven: Joe, how nice to see you.

Joe: Raum...how have you been?

Raum: Adequate.