Chapter 19 Concert and Complications

Joe POV

I was standing in front of a large coffin. I was wearing all black and around me were my family, kids, Ahri, Sera, Akali and Kai'sa. One person was missing.

Joe: Wait...where's....

Before I could finish, the priest spoke up.

Priest: We have all gathered here today, to mourn the death of Evelynn Jackson. Beloved wife, mother, daughter in law and friend. She will forever be remembered by the ones that knew her.

He kept talking, but I wasn't listening. Evelynn is gone....my Eve is gone.....someone took my Evie away.
I started shaking uncontrollably until Kai'sa took my hand.

Kai'sa: Baby? Baby wake up!

I jolted awake and looked around the room. I jumped out of the bed, slammed open the door and rushed to Eve's room. I burst in and she jumped up.

Evelynn: Darling, what the hell?!

I ignored her and immediately jumped for a hug. She was surprised at first, but quickly hugged back.

Evelynn: Is everything alright darling?

Joe: I had a dream. Someone took you away from me.

She rubbed my back calmly.

Evelynn: Come on. No one will ever take me away from you. I won't let them.

I just kept hugging her until Kai'sa came in.

Kai'sa: Is everything alright?

Evelynn: Yeah, he'll stay the night with me. You can take my next turn.

Kai'sa: If you say so.

She left and as soon as the door closed, Eve pulled me into her bed where I swiftly drifted off.

The next day

I woke up in bed only to realize that I was alone.

Joe: Eve?

Seeing as I got no answer I got up and checked the bathroom.

Joe: Evie, are you in here?

No answer, so I checked the walk in closet.

Joe: Evelynn?

Oh, no. She's gone. Okay.....calm down, don't panic. But what if she left? She wouldn't do that, she said so. Right? Right!

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a knock on the door.

Evelynn: Darling? Are you awake? Breakfast is ready~

I slammed open the door and dove in for a hug.

Evelynn: Darling? Are you okay? You're starting to worry me

Joe: Hm? Yeah, I'm fine now that you're here.

We went downstairs, where Kai'sa and Akali were already waiting. I gave them both a good morning kiss, before sitting down next to Eve.

Kai'sa: Baby, are you okay after last night?

Akali just looked confused.

Akali: What happened last night?

Kai'sa: He had a bad dream and when he woke up he rushed into Eve's room and didn't let go of her.

Evelynn: I think darling has a fear of loss. Specifically a fear of losing us.

I scoffed.

Joe: I do not have a fear of loss.

Kai'sa grabbed her phone and put it next to her ear.