Chapter 6: Collaboration

Wednesday, december 9th 2019 Joe POV

It's been two days since I got out of the hospital and Akali hasn't left my side since. Ahri, was constantly trying to apologize. Kai'sa was acting like a concerned mother and Eve was just being Eve.

We were all sitting in the lounge and as I went to get a drink, I accidentally ran into the wall.

Joe: Oof!

Akali: Babe! You okay?

Joe: Yeah, still getting the hang of the whole neon thing.

While it was awesome to have a new ability, it was pretty tricky to use. Not as bad as when I accidentally smoke dashed off a cliff, but still pretty annoying.

My phone vibrates. I check it to see a message from Taric

Taric: Hey kid, hungover should be out soon. How about a final song for the year?

Joe: Sure, any ideas?

Taric: Yeah, already got a beat ready and everything. Only needs lyrics.

Joe: Okay then...I'll get to work on
that asap.

Taric: Hey, uh...I know you're not the biggest fan of this, but how about we make it a collab? You know, to hype up the fans for the next year.

Joe: You know what? Fine. Just make sure that whoever my partner is knows not to leak my identity.

Taric: I got it kid.

Joe: So...You got anyone in mind?

Taric: Yeah, but that's gonna be a secret. Come by the studio when it's done, TTYL kid.

Joe: Sure thing T.

Great, now I have to worry about someone else knowing my identity.

Joe: I'm gonna head to my room for a bit, gotta work on some stuff for school.

Akali: Have fun.

Joe: Har har har.

So I went upstairs. Plugged my guitar in, plugged my headphones in, double checked if my headphones were plugged in. And played a tune while trying to come up with lyrics.

Timeskip

Wednesday, december 16th 2019

It has been a week since I started the new song called 'Careless'. The lyrics were done a couple of days ago and now I'm on my way to the studio. I parked Akali's bike and entered, the small studio.

Joe: Hey Taric! So who's gonna be my partner on this.....one.....

I trailed off as I locked eyes with Ahri who just looked at me in shock.

Taric: Joe my boy! How are you? Let me introduce you to Ahri, the leader of KDA. Sitting next to her is her manager Mundo.

Mundo: Mundo thinks it's nice to meet you.

I just shook his hand, but my eyes were still locked with Ahri's.

Joe: Uh..yeah, sure nice to meet you.

The silence that followed was deafening.
Taric looked between me and Ahri.

Taric: Do you two know each other?