018

3rd pov:

Y/n, Emma, and Lucas stared at the ringing phone.

"...A phone call...?" Emma questioned.

Y/n casually walked up and answered the phone as Shirase and Emma listened closely beside him.

"Hello?" Y/n said.

"This is William Minerva." The voice on the phone said, making Emma and Shirase gasp as Y/n has her usual grin, looking at the wall.

"I want to briefly convey some information to you who took this phone call, who I believe to be an escapee. First of all, I must give you my dearest apology...I'm sorry. The elevator is a path that can cross over to the human world. However, it can no longer be used."

'So it was true...This unmistakable elevator that lies right before my eyes...is a way to cross over to the human world. It we ride this, then we can pass over to the human world...!' Shirase thought.

"What do you mean, "can no longer be used"?! Where are you right now, Mr. Minerva?" Emma questioned.

"Emma, it's futile. It's just a recording." Y/n said.

"I do now know what month and year you all are living in, but whenever you are hearing this recording, that elevator will no longer be working as it once was." Minerva said, proving Y/n's claim.

"It was stopped and the path was closed. It is my fault I could not foresee my trusted confidant's betrayal. The village I made in A 08-63 too. It is probably no longer safe... Because of that person, it is already ruined, or perhaps you guys unfortunately already know that."

'That...village... Mr. Minerva made it. It wasn't a secret hunting ground before. It was a safe village...! But what was its purpose? 'Emma wondered.

"I wanted to atone for my sins. My real name is James Ratri. A descendant of the family who made the promise with them 1000 years ago. I am the 35th head of the family. Generation after generation, it has been our duty to act as the mediator between the two worlds. In order to maintain order in the human world. For the past 1000 years, generation after generation, we have devotedly upheld the promise by raising you children as food as a sacrifice."

"I cannot abandon my duty. For the sake of the human world. But I could not endure it. As a human being...at this outrageousness. At least I could provide you all an opportunity to choose your own future. Therefore, in the books delivered to the farms, I took on the name of a fictional person named William Minerva."

"It was mere trivial craftsmanship, but at least you children who noticed would be able to live in a safer shelter and would be able to secretly travel through the secret path. But that path was closed. And the village is also probably unusable. According to that person's scheme, my life is now being targeted by my family. It is currently May 20th, 2031. By the time you are listening to this recording, I am probably no longer in this world. I'm sorry."

Emma was shocked at the thought of William Minerva being deceased as Y/n sighed 

'One of the great people i lost in my life...' Y/n thought 

"But this is not a defeat. I have no intention of being killed so easily and you shouldn't either. There are more supporters of you all besides me. Besides, that elevator is not the only path for coming and going. It's dangerous, but there are numerous other paths. For example, Grace Field House, Glory Bell, Grand Valley, Dandelion Field House and then the Good will Ridge"

Y/n's breath just hitched hearing the Dandelion Field house's name  

"At least inside each of those 4 high-quality farms lies a path that is different than the one Goldy Pond and should probably not be closed. Realize the future that you desire. If you want to secretly escape into the human world, I'll direct several of my allies towards you. If you have friends with you...I'll send you all together through one of the paths. Or not...If you want to break this world's crooked order and the promise, then break it."