019

Y/n and Emma aimed a gun and the bullets hit the targets in the middle.

Sandy whistled. 

"We're done with our part of preparations." Zack said as he and Sonia walked over to them.

"And you? Did you find some weapons suitable for you, Y/n? Emma?" Sonia asked.

"Yes, I think I can handle these." Emma replied as she held up separate gun.

"I will just take these." Y/n said as she took one gun and few caterings for the gun she already had.

"This looks really great." Zack grinned, looking at their targets.

"You all...already know how to kill them, right?" Emma asked.

"Yes, we know. But they have no idea that we know how to destroy them for good...nor that we will."

"As far as they can tell, we're just small game running around helplessly and we made sure they'd think that way."

"Only fight in self-defense. Look only after yourself. And acquire information at any cost. All this time, we've been preparing our counterattack in secret. And yes, for the sake of this goal, we lost comrades. Shirase's experience and our improvements are both hard won. They're what we have left from our friends and families. From those he lost and those we did. It all comes down to this plan. We know very well how strong our enemy is, but still...we will win."

"Right-O." Zack said. "Though, y'all gotta take them seriously, did you hear? Especially that one guy. Archduke Lewis."

"Did they tell you about Shirase's friends yet?" Sonia asked Y/n and Emma.

"Hm?"

"Hmm... I'm quite sure i know the story~" Y/n said 

'Since i was the one who started it~

"His group did manage to stand up against them...for a while. Shirase's best pal was chosen as their leader and he did well in that role. They handled their weapons to great effect, and were super strategic on defense and evasion. And so, they survived in this hunting park without losing a single life."

Y/n and Emma instantly thought of Chuuya.

"They were an awesome team!"

"They were on a whole 'nother level."

"But, the instant they caught Lewis's eyes..."

"They were annihilated."

"He went after Shirase's  friends one by one. He toyed with them before the final blow. It was as if he were slowly wrenching the arm of a toddler while grinning in the face of the guardian. He was doing that to provoke the leader. Shirase's best friend. To fan the flames of his rage. He wanted to draw out a real killer. So he cornered them again and again, all for the thrill of the hunt mind you. He's extraordinarily dangerous. What's more, he's a total maniac, meaning his strategy is totally unpredictable. If our plan goes off-rails, he'll be the one derailing it."

'That demon...Shirase-san and Chuuya-kun and their...and he also saw through me and killed Monica's group. To fan the flames of rage? To draw out a killer? ' Emma thought.

"My name is Lewis."

'Lewis...! 'Emma had a furious expression as Y/n blankly glanced at her.

'Ehh~ The story is still incomplete who will tell them that Shirase betrayed his best pal as he again  joined the HQ unit. Well the Sheep was bound to betray him cause they wanted Chuuya's strength as their shield. Chuuya stayed with Sheep for so long because they gave them a place to belong, but also because of that sense of duty and loyalty.' Y/n thought