024

3rd pov:

The children, and the gifted ran as the soldiers guarded the outside. 

'They know about the secret pathways. All of the exits are blocked off. If they find us, we're dead. We need to escape from here. But, how do we do it? 'Andrew stood at the top of the ground, looking down at a ladder. 

'Now, my subordinate's report estimated the number of targets to be around 60. I expected there to be about this many of them. All of the escapees from Grace Field and Goldy Pond were surviving at this shelter after all. But, it's strange. Despite this being a full-on raid, they were able to evacuate quickly. Did they assume that we were going to attack? That's not all. They know about the Seven Walls. When and where did they find that out? Did somebody tell them? The supporters? The previous head? And also, those weapons they had. They're different from the ones we found with Bayon. Did they get them at this shelter? Are there rooms that weren't on the blueprint? I see...So, the supporters' hidden information they were protecting wasn't important. Thanks to that, our plan's hindered.' Andrew thought before bringing his hand to his earpiece and pressing the button. 

"It's me. Can you all hear this?" He spoke into it. 

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

The group of escapes stood in the tunnels, a bit fatigued. Y/n hummed as she stared at the ceiling blankly. Her eyes then slightly narrowed and she shifted her eyes to Ray who was in his thoughts. 

'We need to kill all of the invaders. If we don't do that, we're as good as dead. Getting past this encirclement and breaking through the exit. With this number of people, being able to sneak past without being noticed is impossible. No, even if we could do that, those guys would definitely chase us down no matter where we go. If we want to protect all of our family and friends, every one of them has to die.' Ray thought. 

Although, he was still quite hesitant. But he is willing to kill a human compared to Emma and the rest of the kids who likely won't be able to bring themselves up to it. 

"Y/n! Emma! Ray!" Oliver ran over to them. 

"Oliver!?" Emma said. 

"Rossi! Are you alright? What about Shirase?" 

"He's okay. He'll meet us later. He broke the monitors and he also took down an enemy. Here." Rossi said, handing over a radio. 

"I heard it. They were giving orders while I was on the way here." He explained. 

"It's me. Can you all hear this? The targets are currently retreating east from the first emergency exit. Surface team, keep alert at the second emergency exit. North and South corridors, as well as the west and central end, move out. All units begin to surround them.

"In other words, the enemy's current position is-" Ray said, drawing a map on the floor with a stick. 

"The north corridor!" Y/n grinned. 

"Good job, Rossi. Also, Lucas is making sure that the entry points to the secret room and the armory aren't discovered by the enemy, right?" Y/n spoke as the boy nodded. 

"Rossi, where is Shirase right now?" Emma asked. 

"After breaking the monitors, he was going to the regular exit to get it open." Rossi replied. 

"That idiot...!" Chuuya said.

"It's settled." Emma said as she placed Chris on her back and they started to run.