Chapter Ten

Ella POV:

Dinner was a long affair of me trying to get Mina to try some chicken. Autumn and I learned that it's definitely not her favorite food. We've given her ketchup, barbecue sauce, and even ranch dressing.

She hated it, so we just let Mina eat her fruit and veggies. Autumn and I are going to have to figure out a way to get Mina to eat more meat. I know for a fact she isn't a vegetarian, so that's not the problem.

"Hey, sweetheart. Can you try this for me?" I hold up my fork to Mina who's currently sitting in Autumn's lap.

There's food all over her face and hands, and she's grinning as she stuffs a piece of broccoli in her mouth. I'm glad that we don't have to fight with Mina about eating her fruits and vegetables, but she needs proteins.

"Nu." Mina shakes her head and grabs more fruit off her plate.

Autumn laughs and eats the chicken off my fork instead. She hums happily at the flavor, then goes back to her own food.

"After dinner it's bath, quiet down time, then story time. Okay, sweetheart?" I ask Mina.

"Otay, Mama." Mina replies through a mouthful of food.

***

Since I cooked, Autumn has to do the dishes. She pouts when I order her into the kitchen because she wanted to help give Mina a bath.

"You can give her one in the morning." I say, trying to cheer up Autumn.

That seems to do the trick. Her dark red hair flies everywhere as she nods her head. Good, I hate to see my wife upset.

"Alright, sweetheart. Let's go get in the bath."

Picking up Mina, I place her on my hip and head to the hall bathroom that's next to the nursery. I chuckle when I see Clifford sitting next to the sink. He's licking his paw, but stops when he sees Mina.

His loud purring starts and my little girl bounces happily in my arms. "Kitty!" She shouts.

"Yes. I guess Clifford is going to be helping give you a bath."

Clifford seems to like that idea. He jumps off the counter and slowly walks through my legs as I go to turn on the taps. It's the same bath routine I did on Mina earlier. Stack towels up for her casted leg, baby shampoo and body wash, then lotion for her body afterwards.

The whole time Mina's in the bath she laughs. Clifford keeps trying to hop in there with her and I keep having to gently push him away. That cat does not like the water, so I have no idea why he's trying to get in it.

I sing the bath time song to Mina as I rinse the soap suds from her body. She giggles and tries to hum along. Right in this moment I feel almost complete. The only person missing is Autumn.

The sound of the dishwasher being loaded floats from downstairs and I realize that she's almost done with the dishes.

"Let's get out of the bath so you can see Mama before quiet down time." I say softly as I pull the drain.

I grab a towel and wrap it around Mina's small frame, then lift her up into my arms. Her wet hair drips onto my shirt, but I don't care. Seeing Mina's happy smile is worth it.

By the time I have Mina laid down on the changing table with a diaper in my hand, Autumn is done with the dishes. She comes into the room with a bottle in her hands and sets it down on the side table next to the rocking chair.

"There's Mama's girl!" She coos, bending down to blow a raspberry on Mina's belly.

Mina giggles and wiggles around, trying to escape my wife. "Babe, I gotta get this diaper on Mina before she has an accident." I say through my laughter.