Chapter Forty-Five

Mina POV:

My head rests on Mommy's shoulder as she carries me into our hotel room. I'm sleepy. Very, very sleepy. We had the longest day ever at the fair. I ate a bunch of new foods. Something called a funnel cake, French fries covered in cheese, and a fried pickle. My belly is full and my feet hurt from walking so much, but it was the best day ever. I even got to go on a roller coaster for the first time. It was scary and fun at the same time.

It made my tummy do jumps. There was so many rides, and I got to go on almost every one of them. "Shower and then bed, sweetheart." Mommy whispers in my ear, turning into the bathroom. Mama starts the shower while Mommy sets me down on the counter to get undressed. Once I'm nakey, Mommy puts me in the shower with Mama. I'm washed quickly, then wrapped in the fluffiest towel.

"Just dress her in a onesie and her diaper. It's too hot for anything else." Mommy says as Mama carries me out of the bathroom. I'm laid down on the bed and a diaper is taped around my hips. It's too hard to move my body right now, so I just lay down and let Mama do all the work. She struggles to get my onesie on, though.

"Come on, Mina bug. Help Mama out a little bit." Mama whines. I sit up so she can get my head in the hole, then lay right back down. She laughs quietly and whispers, "Not much help, but that's okay. My sweet baby is tired." The onesie is snapped, and then Mama helps me crawl under the covers.

"Your hair is still a little bit wet, but you'll be okay for the night. Mama's hair is still really wet. See?" She drags her wet red hair over my face, making me giggle. "Do you want some milky before you go to bed?" Why is she even asking? Of course I want some milky! My head nods and Mama laughs, climbing into the bed next to me.

She's only wrapped in a towel, so it's easy to get to her boobies. I pull on the fabric, until one pops out. I latch on and suck while closing my eyes. "You're just the cutest greedy thing." Mama whispers while running her fingers through my hair. It feels really, really good. I'm almost asleep, when I feel the bed dip next to me. Mommy must've finished her shower.

"If you want to get dressed, I can finish nursing her?" Mommy asks, but it's more like telling. "Sure. Let me just unlatch her." A finger is slid into my mouth, breaking the suction I had on Mama's boobie. It makes me whine and rub my eyes. I was enjoying my warm milky and now there's none. That is until I'm turned around and a new boobie is put in my mouth.

Sucking, I cuddle closer to Mommy until I'm almost asleep again. But my sleep is interrupted again when Mama gets back into bed. I whine and almost start to cry. Every time I get close to sleep, I'm interrupted. "I know, sunshine. We won't get up anymore." Mama whispers in apology. She does one of my favorite things, writing letters on my back with her finger.

Whenever she does that, I instantly relax. I smile around Mommy's boobie and finally go to sleep. The next time I wake up is because there's no boobie in my mouth. I stretch my hand out to try and find Mama or Mommy, but they're not in the bed with me. "Stop for a second, babe." Mama whispers sharply. My eyes are still closed, so I can't see where they are. They must be in the other bed.

"Why should I stop? You're almost there." Mommy whispers back. "Because Mina's waking up." Somebody whispers 'oh shit', and then there's the sound of blankets moving.

"I got her." Mama says. The bed dips beside me and Mama pulls me close. She rubs her finger along the slope of my nose while I search blindly for her milky. "Hold on, sunshine." She whispers as she guides my head to her boobie. I latch on and suck, slowly going back to sleep.

"Is she almost back to sleep?" Mommy asks. I don't hear Mama's answer, since I'm too busy being sleepy.

***
Ella (Mommy) POV:

"Good morning, sleepy head." I whisper to Mina as I brush her blonde hair off her forehead. Since she went to bed with her hair wet, it's tangled and sticking up in all different directions. I should've blow dried it, but I didn't have the energy.

My little girl turns over onto her stomach and wiggles her little bum in the air, trying to go back to sleep. Chuckling, I lift her up and cuddle her against my chest. "Do you want to go downstairs and get some breakfast? Mama's already down there, saving us a seat."

That perks her up. She wiggles to get out of my arms, and races off towards the door. In her excitement, Mina forgot she's only wearing a pink onesie and a diaper. Laughing I say, "You have to get dressed first. You don't want anybody seeing that little bum."

Mina drops the door handle and runs towards her suitcase. Tossing open the lid, she grabs a pair of shorts and shuffles them up her legs. I guess that will do. Her hair on the other hand, needs some tlc. Not wanting to leave Autumn waiting, I toss her hair in a messy bun, then dress myself. Sans bra of course. I hate those things and technically don't have to wear them.

"Alright, we're ready." Grabbing Mina's hand, I guide her downstairs and into the breakfast area. We spot Autumn almost immediately. There's three cups on the table in front of her, two of those being coffee cups. Mina let's go of my hand and scampers off towards her Mama.

"So you finally decided to wake up." She jokes while lifting Mina onto her lap. My princess nods and grabs her cup that has apple juice in it. "Mommy wokes me up." I internally smile at her adorable baby talk. I love when Mina's baby talk slips through. It melts my heart every time.

"She didn't want to wake up. You must've had some good dreams." Autumn mentions while tickling Mina's little belly. She's put on almost fifteen pounds from being with us. It's getting harder to hold and carry her for lengths of time. The stroller is definitely needed for long treks now. It makes me sad that I can't carry her as often as I would like, but it also means she's getting healthier.

"Mhm." Mina nods in agreement, but doesn't tell us about her dream. She's too distracted by the coloring page that my wife just placed in front of her. "Before you get too wrapped up in coloring, can you pick what you want to eat?" Mina grumbles and pushes away her coloring page, not too happy about having to stop.

I give her a warning look. She knows better than that. "Do you need to go back up to the room and sit in the corner until your mood is better?" My voice is calm, with a hint of authority in it. It may seem like a small thing to discipline for, but if we let Mina keep acting like this, she'll be in a foul mood for the entirety of breakfast.

It's happened before when we let it slide. Usually, Mina's a very well behaved girl, but like every little, she has some bratty moments. More so because we spoil her "No, Mama. I don't wanna sit in the corner." Mina says innocently with wide eyes while shaking her head.

"Then you need to tuck that little lip back in and stop pouting. You can keep coloring after you pick what you want to eat." Mina nods and grabs the menu. Autumn reads her options out loud since our girl is still working on learning to read. She ends up picking the Belgium waffles with a side of fruit.

"Good girl. Here's your crayons." I praise, passing the coloring page back to Mina. She thanks me with a toothy smile, then goes back to coloring in a sea turtle. "What's on the list of things to do today?" Autumn asks.

"We're going to swim a little bit. Have some lunch at a nearby popular restaurant. Head back to the pool for a little bit, then go head back home after that." Autumn nods in response to my words. She's enjoying this weekend almost as much as Mina. "Can we stop by the local store to grab some swimming snacks?"

I chuckle at Autumn's words. She always needs swimming snacks when she heads to the pool. It's usually just chips and cheese. "Sure, whatever you want." Winking, I turn back to Mina and ask, "Are you happy that you're spending some time with Mommy?" After all, that's what this weekend was all about.

Mina turns and smiles up at me while nodding. "Love you, Mommy."

"I love you too, sweetheart."