Chapter Fifty-Eight

Mina POV:

My belly is hurting really bad this morning. I woke up feeling big, but I don't know if I can deal with this pain by myself. Maybe Mama and Mommy could give me some medicine and rub my tummy.

It's still dark outside, so they're probably still sleeping. I'll just climb out of my crib, use the potty, then sneak into their room.

Standing, I toss my leg over the railing and fall to the floor with a huff. It wasn't loud enough to wake mommies, so I'm safe for now. I'm not supposed to climb out of my crib.

Maybe I can even take a bath for a bit in their big tub. I'll just have to be super sneaky.

Tiptoeing into the hall, I quietly open their door and peek my head inside. Mama and Mommy are snuggling and fast asleep. Mommy is behind Mama with her arm over her belly.

It's really dark in here. The only light is coming from their tv. There's a show playing, the sound muted. I would stay to watch tv, but I'm on a mission.

My tip toes sink into the carpet as I turn their knob to the bathroom. After turning on the low light, I close the door and go to the tub.

I've watched Mommy start the water a bunch of times, so I know how to do this. It's not hard at all. The water comes from the ceiling.

It makes a loud splashing noise when it hits the tub, making me hold my breath to listen for mommies. They don't come, making me blow my breath out.

I went to bed wearing my rainbow jammies and a diaper. Stripping off my clothes, I toss them to the side, then grab some of my favorite soap.

Mommy usually only puts a cap full in. I'm gonna put a lot more and have a bubble party.

Pouring half the bottle in, I rip the tabs off my diaper and look down. There's red in the cotton, making me furrow my eyebrows.

What's that? Touching my private area, my fingers come back red too. It doesn't hurt. Just my belly.

Am I dying? Mommy's said that I might get a period. Is this a period? I don't like this at all. Biting down on my lip, I wrap my diaper up and toss it in the trash.

Bending over, I try to look at my girl part, but I really can't see it that well. Only the top is visible. Maybe I can stand up on the sink and look at it in the mirror.

The water is still running into the tub as I climb up onto their big sink. Ignoring that, I take a long look at my privates. Some blood runs down my leg, making me panic.

What do I do? One time Mama got her period and there was those sticky things under the sink. There's probably some in here too.

Hopping down, I open the cabinet under the sink. There's a black box with the sticky things in them. A second blue box holds some stick things. I grab one of both and a towel, laying it flat on the floor.

Sitting on the towel, I rip both open. Remembering the one time I put the sticky thing on my girl part and Mama had to rip it off. I don't put it directly on.

If it doesn't stick to my private, then where does it stick to? Tossing that to the side, I open the stick. It has a tail on the end and is soft in my fingers.

I've never seen this before. Where does it go and how does it work? Tilting my head to the side, I put it in between my bottom lips. Is this how it's done?

It keeps falling back onto the towel. This doesn't seem right. I'm about to try again when something warm and wet touches my foot.

Looking up. I see the water running out of the bathtub and onto the floor. It's coming out way too quick, soaking the towel underneath me.