Chapter Thirty-Seven

Ella (Mommy) POV:

As soon as we get back from IHOP, Mina went to go play in her playroom while Autumn checked to make sure all our bags were properly packed and nothing was missing. I decided to just sit in the living room to watch some television.

"Mommy! Mommy!" Mina yells as tiny footsteps run towards me. I pause my television show and open my arms out to Mina. She comes running towards the couch with a big smile on her face, jumping into my open arms.

"What's all this yelling about, sweetheart?" I question as I tuck a blonde strand of hair behind Mina's ear.

She shrugs and says, "I dunno." While playing with the strap on the tank top I changed into. I know exactly what she wants and it's not a cuddle.

"Do you want Mommy's milk? Is that what's wrong?" My right eyebrow raises as I wait for Mina's answer. She gives me a shy nod and I chuckle.

"Okay, you can have some milk." Mina does a cute happy wiggle and lowers my tank top strap. My right breast reveals itself and she doesn't waste any time latching on. While she nurses, I browse my phone.

I love my Lock Screen photo. It's a picture of Mina and Autumn sleeping side by side in bed together. My baby is tucked against my wife's chest and they're both looking peaceful. It's one of my favorites.

"Babe!?" Autumn yells from upstairs, startling Mina. She jumps in my lap and almost bites down on my nipple. I give her a reassuring pat on the back and yell back, "What!? I'm nursing Mina."

Autumn appears at the top of the stairs so we don't have to yell across the house. She's looking absolutely ravenous in a long t-shirt and some black underwear. Her red curls are everywhere and her cheeks are red. It looks like my wife just got fucked.

"Have you seen," Autumn pauses her speech when the doorbell suddenly rings. Looking at the time on my phone, I see it's close to seven in the evening. Whoever is at our front porch most definitely shouldn't be here. I know it's not my parents because they always call or text before they visit. The same with our friends.

When Autumn goes to answer the door, I stop her by saying, "Wait. You're in a shirt and some panties. Nobody gets to see you like that besides me."

My wife rolls her eyes and points to Mina who's still nursing. She's not paying any attention to anything that's going on around her. "That's different and you know it. She's our baby girl."

"Fineee. I'll go put some pants on." My wife huffs, turns on her heel, and heads back upstairs. Meanwhile, the doorbell rings again. I unlatch Mina, much to her displeasure, and fix my tank top so it's covering up my breast.

"Go play for a little bit while Mommy sees who's at the door. You can have more milky later."

"Okay, Mommy." Mina skips off to the playroom while I grab my phone and walk to the door. Looking through the peephole, I see two young adults standing there. A man while dark brown hair and a woman with blonde hair.

Curious, I open the door and ask, "May I help you?"

The man nods and shoves his hands in his pockets. "I think my sister is here with you guys. Mina? Our Mom has been looking for her and would like for her to return home."

I about slam the door in the man's face. So these are the siblings that practically allowed Mina's continued abuse for almost fifteen years? Are you kidding me? There's no way I'm going to allow my precious girl around these people.

"Mommy!" Mina shrieks at the worst possible time. The sound catches the attention of the two people standing in front of me. They try to peer past my shoulder to peek into the house, but I prevent them by pulling the door closer to me.

"Hold on, sweetheart." I yell back.

"That's Mina's voice." The girl whispers to the boy. Yeah, it's Mina's voice, but there's no way in hell I'm allowing her to go with these people.

"Listen, I need you to leave. Mina won't be returning to that hell hole your mother calls a home. You must be crazy if you think I'd allow something like that."

I feel Mina's arms wrap around my hips from behind. She's shaking and whispers, "Hi Dante. Hi Seph." That must be her siblings names.

"Come on, Mina. Mom wants you to come home." Dante grunts, looking at anything besides Mina and I.

I'm fully expecting Mina to cower and start crying, but she does the total opposite. She shakes her head and says in a strong, but quiet voice, "No, I'm not going back there. I'm a legal adult and can make choices for myself. I'm choosing to stay here with Autumn and Ella."

The pride I'm feeling in this moment is almost too much to bear. My girl is standing up for herself and using her voice. That's all I could ask for.

"Don't be ridiculous, Mina. Mom's sick and needs somebody to help out with her and the house. We all have jobs and families, so you're the only one left. Pack your things and let's go." Seph says through gritted teeth.

These people are some pieces of work. "No! I. Am. Not. Going. Back. While you guys were out living your life in blissful ignorance, I was being starved and abused! All Mom did was use me as her personal servant. I'm not going to subject myself to that! If mom is sick, put her in a home for all I care. I'm an adult and I can choose where I want to be!" 

Autumn must've been listening from the other room, because she comes in and scoops Mina up. I've never seen her this mad ever. Her little cherub face is bright red and she's panting. My wife takes her out of the room and the dam finally breaks. I can hear Mina's heartfelt sobs from the other room. The sound breaks my heart.

Turning to the two pathetic people in front of me I say, "You better warn your mother that we do plan on pressing charges for the abuse Mina suffered at her hands. We don't care if she's sick or not. She still has to face the consequences of her actions. If she or any of your siblings try to contact Mina again or step a foot on this property, I will call the police.

"You messed with the wrong girl and you better believe if I find out you knew about the continued abuse Mina went through, I'll press charges on you too." With that said, I slam the door on their faces, locking it behind me.

I find Mina and Autumn in the nursery. Autumn is sitting in the rocking chair, slowly rocking our crying little girl while pressing kisses to her hair.

Instead of joining them right away, I walk into Mina's closet to grab her favorite pair of pajamas and a pull-up. A bath should help calm her. She loves the water and is always begging Autumn and I to take baths with her.

"Come here, angel. Let's go have some tubby time. Mommy and Mama will get in there with you." Mina sniffles and nods, holding her arms out to me. I lift her up and carry her into the bathroom. Autumn starts the water for me while I bounce my girl in my arms.

"Mommy and Mama won't let anybody hurt you or take you from us. I'm so proud of the way you stood up for yourself. You made me so proud, baby girl." I coo.

Autumn strips naked and holds her arms out for Mina. While she's stripping our girl, I get myself undressed and grab several towels for all of us.

"Bubbles?" I hear Mina ask in a soft, baby-like voice. She must have slipped again. I'm glad that she feels safe enough with us to slip after a traumatic event like that.

"We can do bubbles. Which ones do you want?" My wife questions as she carries Mina over to our cabinet that holds all our soaps, oils, and bubble baths. Of course our girl picks out the one that smells like bubble gum.

"Good choice." I wink and pour some into the bath before shutting off the water. Stepping into the large tub, I scoot to the back to give Mina and Autumn room. I'm handed the baby while Autumn gets in.

Mina cuddles up to my chest and automatically latches onto my bare breast.  She suckles slowly while staring up into my eyes. I think she's trying to silently let me know that she loves me. Her little lips move with each of her drinks and I reach up, moving her hair away from her face with my damp hand.

"Mommy and Mama love you so much, sweetheart."

"That's right, sunshine. We're right here." Autumn whispers as she moves through the bubbly water to sit beside me us in the wide tub.