Chapter Twenty

Autumn POV:

Mina is bouncing off the walls as we drive back from her doctors office. The cast has officially come off her leg, but a walking boot was put in it's place. She'll be able to take baths now and she keeps talking about taking a bath with Mama and Mommy.

The boot has to stay on almost 24/7. It can only come off when she bathes. That seemed to be enough for Mina, though. She shrieked excitedly and asked for some fruit for celebration.

Ella chuckled and now we're on our way to grab some fruit from the store. Mina would only eat fruit if we let her.

"What are the rules inside the store, sunshine?" I ask from the passenger seat.

"Wisten to Mama an' Mommy, no touchin stuff, and no means no."

The no means no rule came from Mina begging us to buy useless items. She threw a tantrum one time because we wouldn't buy a large bottle of mustard. No idea why she wanted the mustard so bad, but here we are.

Mina has been in our lives for almost six weeks now. We've learned a lot about our baby girl and one of the things we learned is that she hates mustard. If we put it on a sandwich for her, she'll gag at the smell.

"Good job remembering your rules, sweetheart." Ella praises as she pulls into the Target parking lot.

I grab Mina's stroller while Ella unbuckles our girl from her carseat. She's placed in her stroller and I push her into the store.

"I'm dursty, Mama." Mina whines as soon as we enter the store.

I'm pretty sure she just wants Starbucks. Ella laughs and heads straight into the Starbucks. I follow closely behind her and stand being Ella as she places our order. I get a caramel frappacino, Ella gets a cold brew, and Mina gets a hot chocolate that's cooled down with some ice. It's essentially just chocolate milk now.

"Don't spill." I warn as I hand Mina her cup.

"Tank you, Mama an' Mommy."

"You're welcome, sunshine."

Mina's quiet in her stroller as we traverse through the isles. As soon as we approach the isle with the fruit, Mina shrieks excitedly and kicks her good leg. I laugh at her antics and so does Ella.

"What fruit do you want this time?" My wife asks.

Mina's too busy eyeballing all the fruit to answer. I end up replying for her, "Just get some cantaloupe, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, and some bananas. That should last us two days with the fruit monster in our house."

Ella smirks at me, then places all those items in the cart she grabbed after we got our Starbucks.

We head towards the diaper isle to grab some more for Mina, and stop in our tracks when we see one of our friends. They're into the lifestyle like we are and have a little one of their own.

Mark and Macy have a little boy named, 'Andrew.' He's a good little boy and we watch him sometimes when the couple wants to go out on a date night. Of course he isn't a real little boy. He's twenty-six, but cute as a button.

"Fancy seeing you three here." I say, shocking the pair.

They jump and turn towards Ella and I. Andrew wastes no time letting go of Macy's hand and rushing towards me. His arms wrap around my stomach and I pat his diapered bum.

"Hey, buddy. Are you being good for you Mommy and Daddy?" Ella asks after Andrew breaks the hug and hugs my wife.

"Yes!" Andrew nods and I chuckle, knowing he's lying.