Chapter Fifty-Three

Ella (Mommy) POV:

Coming back into the room from changing my underwear and slapping on a pad, I see Mina looking at the spot I was sitting in with wide eyes. She points to it and whines, tears building in her gray eyes.

"Mommy is okay, sunshine. It's something that happens to girls once a month." Autumn tries explaining.

Mina shakes her head and looks up, seeing me standing there. Extending her arms, she makes grabby hands in my direction. Walking over, I lift her into my arms and press a kiss to her temple.

"I'm okay, sweetheart. Do you think you can be big for me right now so I can explain what's going on?"

All I get is a head shake. Okay, then I guess I'll have to explain periods when she's in headspace. It's obvious that Mina doesn't want to come out of it right now.

"While you explain the sharks and the weeks to Mina, I'm going to strip the bed." Autumn stands, going to take the sheet off.

I stop her with a shake of my head. I'm not having this conversation by myself. No, we're in this together. Hell, the last time we had a conversation like this with Mina, it was awkward as heck.

My wife whines, her shoulders dropping as she follows me downstairs and into the living room. Sitting down on the couch with Mina straddling my legs and her head on my shoulder, I tell her to put her listening ears on.

"Okay, Mommy." She says softly, playing with the ends of my hair.

"You know how mommy's sometimes have babies in their bellies," I pause, waiting on her to acknowledge me. When Mina nods, I continue, "Well, women have little eggs in their bellies. Once a month, they release into something called a uterus."

Mina wrinkles her nose adorably, sitting up and lifting the bottom of her shirt. She pokes her lower stomach, trying to feel around for her eggs. It takes everything in me not to laugh.

"They're very small, sunshine. Microscopic." Autumn chips in sweetly, nothing but understanding in her tone.

"Anyways, those little eggies plant onto the uterus wall. When no baby forms in there, the uterus sheds it's lining. It causes girls to bleed from their private part for a few days. Understand?"

Mina, rightfully so, shakes her head while looking super confused. I tried explaining it the best I could while also being clinical. Maybe that wasn't the right choice.

Autumn sighs, grabs Mina off my lap, and cradles her in her arms. "Mommy is a doctor, so she's making everything more medical than it needs to be. To simplify things, my darling girl, we get a thing called a period every month.

"It makes us bleed out of our privates. Once a month, we wear things called tampons or pads to catch the blood. It sometimes is owie, but there's medicine to help. Do you understand now?"

The baby nods, looking down towards her private. She points down there, raising an eye towards Autumn and I.

"One day you'll get a period, baby. Probably when you go through puberty. You'll get boobies, hair on your private and under your arms, and even some on your leggies. You might also get taller." I explain.

"Okay, Mommy. I go play now?" She asks adorably.

Chuckling, Autumn tickles her belly before saying, "Yes, you can go play. Have fun."

Jumping off of my wife's lap, Mina runs towards her playroom. I can hear her dump her jumbo legos onto the floor and begin to build.

"How are you feeling, my love?" Autumn inquires, leaning into my side and laying kisses on my neck.