Chapter Fifty-Six

Ella (Mommy) POV:

I'm biting my nails while I pace around the living room as I wait for my wife and daughter to come home. After hearing about that disgusting man that tried to take Mina, all I want to do is cuddle her.

Checking the time on my phone, I see that it's five-thirty. They should be home in less than ten minutes. Rationally, I know that Mina is an adult and could handle herself if the situation arose.

But she still looks quite young. Add to that she spends most of her time in headspace. It's hard for her to pull out of it. I worry that if there was an emergency, she wouldn't be able to go into her adult frame of mind.

Sighing, I pace around the coffee table again, much to Clifford's displeasure. The fat cat is sick of me walking around his space. He stands up from his position on the couch and stretches before jumping down.

"Yeah, yeah. I know." I whisper to the cat, quickly stopping when I see headlights shine through the front window.

I'm running out the house before Autumn's car is even parked. Throwing open Mina's door, I unbuckle her and pull her out. She wraps her little arms around my neck and presses several kisses to my cheek.

"Mommy missed you so much today. Oh, please don't ever go with a stranger again! Never, ever again!" Pulling back, I look my baby girl right in her eyes to emphasize my words.

Her eyes widen at my tone and she quickly nods. I've never risen my voice like that to her. I'm just scared for my innocent baby. Mina sticks her head under my chin and reaches up to play with the ends of my hair.

"Let's go inside. We're having fish and asparagus for dinner." I go to turn towards the house when a soft hand catches my elbow.

"No hello for me?" Autumn fake pouts.

"Hello, beautiful wife." I smirk and lean over to give her a kiss.

Her fiery red hair is waving softly with the evening breeze. Plump pink lips press against mine as she wraps her arms around Mina and I. Things are starting to get a little too heated when a little hand pushes against my cheeks.

"My mama!" Mina screeches, pushing against my face.

The little territorial demon. Chuckling, I carefully remove her hand from my face and step back from my wife.

"She's my wife. You have to share your mama." I state with a raise of my eyebrow.

All Mina does is huff and wiggle to get down once we're inside. She spots Clifford at his food bowl and she runs to his side, plopping down on the floor. He lifts his head up, meows, then goes back to eating.

While she's distracted, I turn to Autumn and ask, "What exactly happened today? All you told me was one of your employees tried taking her and your assistant stopped him. By the way, you need to give her a raise for that."

She sighs and grabs me by my arm, leading me over to the couch and away from Mina. I get the full run down and by the time Autumn is finished, I'm shaking with rage.

The only reason I'm not marching out of the house to find this man is because Mina is right there. She doesn't need to witness me going on a rampage. Instead, I sit back on the couch and call her over to me.

Instantly, my favorite little girl runs over to me, jumping onto my lap. She cuddles into my chest while I play with her hair.

"You are just too cute for your own good, sweetheart. You're mommy's favorite girl." Leaning down, I rub my nose against hers.

"Hey! What about me." Autumn interjects, making Mina laugh.

"You're my favorite grownup girl." Winking, I turn my attention back to my baby who is now trying to sneakily unbutton my blouse.