Chapter Twelve

Mina POV:

Mama carries me into the store with my head resting on his shoulder. My thumb is in my mouth, but I don't care what people think about me. I'm happy to stay here cuddled up to Mama.

Especially because my body feels all yucky. Snot keeps coming out of my nose and I keep coughing. Mommy says I have a cold and I believe her because she's a doctor.

"What do we need to grab first?" Mommy asks Mama.

She leans over to kiss my cheek before she grabs the handle of the shopping cart. Mama tries to put me down in it, but I cling onto her neck.

"Okay, I'll carry you," Mama whispers in my ear before saying to Mommy, "Cough syrup, a thermometer, some Tylenol, maybe a few baby snacks, breast pads for you and I because my milk is coming in too, and a nose sucker so we can suck the snot out of her nose."

I don't listen to Mama at all. I'm too busy trying to stay awake. My nose is all stuffy and my head feels like it's feel of cotton. Mommy had to give me some of her boobie in the car because I wouldn't stop crying.

Not because I was sad, but because my head hurt. Now, we're here in the store and all I wanna do is go home and lay down.

"That's a lot of stuff. We're going to be in here for a while." Mommy says with a sigh.

She pushes the cart into a isle full of different medicines. I wrinkle my nose and shake my head whispering, "Yucky."

Mama pats my bum and turns her head to kiss my cheek. "I know it's yucky, baby, but you have to take it to feel better."

Tucking my head into Mama's neck, I start to cry softly. She sighs and starts to pat my bum. I pee peed in the car, so I let out a tiny whine.

"Mama will change you in the car. Hold on a little bit longer, sunshine." Mama tells me while Mommy looks over the medicines.

"She's going to have to take children's medicine because of her weight." Mommy looks at me sadly, then tosses a bottle of children's medicine in the cart.

***

By the time we're done shopping, I'm laying in Mommy's arms because Mama's got tired. We're headed to the car now when I feel the need to go potty again. I try to hold it, but I can't. My diaper swells and I feel some leak down my leg, and into my pants.

My eyes start to water and I feel some slip down my cheek. I can't believe I just pee peed on myself and Mommy.

"It's okay, sweetheart. It happens. I'm not mad at you. We shouldn't have waited this long to change you. Mommy's sorry."

I cry harder as I'm laid down in the backseat and changed. For some reason, I just can't manage to calm down. My pants are wet, so Mama can't put them back on. That only makes my cry until I can't breathe.

"Okay, I'm going to get in the back with her," Mama tells Mommy before turning to me and saying, "I got you, sunshine. Give us one second to find somewhere more private."

Mama gets in the back and Mommy gets in the front. She drives to the way back of the parking lot and stops the car. I'm pulled out of my seat by Mama and she takes off my shirt, then her own. Her boobie comes out of her bra when she pulls on it, and I latch on without asking.

Her milk tastes different than Mommy's. It's salty instead of sweet, but I don't care. I just want to snuggle into Mama and drink all her milk.

"There you go, sweetness. It's okay. No need to cry. We're both right here with you. We'll go home and you can snuggle up in our bed with us. Mommy and I aren't going anywhere."