Chapter 28 - Happy Fucking Birthday

Belle's Pov - after the game

"Oh, stop being so whiny." I said to Leo as he groaned, upon seeing the bright pink face mask I bought.

"I've done it before Leo. You just gotta get used to it." Oli pats Leo on the back as Beth applies it very carefully across his face.

"I cant believe we let you guys do this." Leo complains a bit more before I stop applying it.

"Maxwell... Do you want the pretty pink glittery goo on your face or not?" He glares into my eyes and then nods slowly.

I press a light kiss on his nose before I attempt to stretch his angry little mouth into a sorta smile. A total fail though.

He only gets more frustrated when I spill some on his top. Uh oh! What an accident! Silly old me!

"Guess you gotta take your shirt off." I shrugged as Leo grinned and grabbed the hem of his shirt, pulling it up over his head with one hand in a swift motion.

"Get a room." Beth says from beside us and it only makes me slightly uneasy that she believes we are truly dating.

I mean, we are dating. But we aren't really? I mean no labels, obviously. We are both too afraid of commitment for that, clearly. We can kiss, we can have sex, he can fuck me, finger me, literally eat me out. Yet we both can't even have a regular conversation about where we stand. Strange, truly.

I get broken from my thoughts when Oli gets a phone call and steps out of the bathroom, leaving Beth to help me tidy up.

"He's been acting weird all day, do you know what that's about?" Beth whispers as Leo follows Oli out into the living room.

"No clue. I mean it could be the fact that we dragged them back to our apartment for face masks instead of letting them go to a party after winning the first game of the season." I suggest it in more of a jokey way but Beth doesn't seem amused

She only looks more sad. "What about you Bethy? What's up?"

She gives me a light shrug and waves it off. "He's in a bad mood, so I'm in a bad mood. Call me crazy." I give her a sympathetic smile as Leo shouts into us.

"Robinson. Time to drive you to Julia's!" Ugh damn it.

They were setting up my party in the apartment tonight so it was ready for tomorrow, which meant I wasn't allowed to be here to keep the element of 'surprise.'

I hugged Beth and waited for Leo to wash his face of the face mask before we could finally leave.

"Okay so don't turn our apartment into a huge mess. I'm trusting you, Oli to keep her in check." He didn't smile at Beth like he usually did, if anything he only looked more uncomfortable. What on earth?

"Okay... It's time to go." Leo slid my bag off my arm and dragged me out of the apartment as if I'd never leave.

We stepped into the elevator and for once, he was the one to break the silence. "Ehm... I know it's a month or so away, but I got our costumes for halloween."

"Oh really?" He nodded as the elevator dinged open and we walked towards his car.

"Don't tell me what they are yet, I want it to be a surprise." I said as he put my bag in the back of the car.

"You wanna drive?" oh god

no
no
no

"Uhm.... nope, no. I'm good, thanks." He raised an eyebrow and leaned on the side of the car.

"Why not?" He was never gonna drop this.

"I'm uh... Not a great driver." He gestured to my pretty blue car in the corner of the parking lot and then back to me.