I think he knows

Todd Anderson was in love with Neil Perry. Neil Perry was in love with Todd Anderson. Everyone knew it, and everyone knew the feelings were mutual and yet they were not dating. Both were to scared to confess, so they just kept quite, ignored the akward moments, the longing stares, stolen glanzes and flushed cheeks. At least that was the case until spring when both of them were around 20. They were living in a shared appartment, of course in a totally platonic way and just because it was cheaper and no, of course they never fell asleep on the sofa, cuddeled up together. One staturday afternoon Todd had gotten a call from his brother Jeffrey, who invited him to his wedding and told him he should bring someone. Todd knew the family expected him to bring some nice girl, because even though he came out to them years ago, noone ever acknowledged him beeing gay, it was just a taboo topic, which Todd was sick off. He hated beeing the black sheep of the family but he couldn't change anything about it so why not accept his faith? It wasn't like he had a boyfriend to bring but he was sure one of his friends (preferably Neil) would pretend to be dating him just for that day.

Neil came home pretty late that night, but brought dinner for them.

"Hey, sorry I'm late.", He walked into the living room, kicked of his shoes and fell down on the sofa next to Todd who was watching TV, "apologie pizza?" he smiled and Todd immediately took a piece out of the box.

"Is this one from the new pizza place we wanted to try out?"

"Yes. If it's good we won't have to drive 20 minutes for a good pizza."

They sat in comfortable silence just having dinner and watching the news for a while. Todd wanted to ask Neil about the wedding but he desperately needed to think of a way to not make it sound like a date, just incase Neil wouldn't feel the same way he did.

"So eh my brother called today..." he started carfully, his eyes locked on the TV.

"Oh, nice. How is he?"

"Good yeah, everything's nice. He and Clara finally have a wedding date." He turned his head back to Neil who was grinning.

"That's great! When is it?"

"In two weeks and ehm he asked me to bring someone. Well, I thought maybe I should bring a guy because you know, they just ignore me beign gay and all and i just think it's time that i actually do something and yeah I really need someone to go with me and maybe you...you wanna join me? Not as a date of course!" Todd's face had turned bright red when he was done talking and Neil couldn't help but smile. Going to a wedding with Todd was the best thing that could happen. He thought maybe, in the romantic mood, close dancing, late night's with candle light and everyone around them being super in love...maybe it would higher his chances with Todd.

"Yes, of course, that sounds great!"

Two weeks later, Charlie was driving the two to the airport. Jeffrey lived in England while Todd and Neils appartment was in New york, so they had to fly there. Todd's mom would be picking them up at the airport which Todd was very nervous about. He didn't think about the possibility off his family yelling at Neil or something.

"So...", Charlie smirked at them, "Rember, we're too young to take care of a baby, so use protection."

"Shut up Charlie" Both boys were blushing, but ignoring it.

"See you on Monday guys."

Flying. The thing that terrified Neil the most about this trip. He hated flying. He had always been scared of it since he was a kid and his dad just yelling at him to "man up" when they used to fly certainly didn't make things easier.
He had made sure that Todd got the seat at the window so he wouldn't have to see outside but still, he was bouncing his leg and anxiously tipping his fingers on the armrest.