Chapter 22: The Hidden Past

It had been late evening since Ria reached home and as soon as she went to her room, her Mausi asked out of curiosity,

"How was it? Did you enjoy it?"

Though she was not able to utter a word but the blush on her face was far more than clear to answer instead. Looking at her shopping bags, she continued,

"It seems like you had a good time... I m very happy for you, Ria!" She said while cupping her face.

"By the way, I came to ask you why are you not calling Niharika to accompany you here?" She asked while resting one of her hands on her shoulder.

"You are right, even I was also thinking of same for long. It would be better if she will be soon here... She is staying at her Bua's place. Let me give her a call." She said while taking out her phone.

"Niharika, come over here and stay with me. I m sending driver to your place." Ria informed deliberately.

"...but Ria you know my Bua. She won't allow me alone to come to you. Maybe tomorrow morning, what's say?" She expressed her fear.

"Niharika, beta, how about if I send Ria to bring you here?" Her Mausi answered.

"That would be really great Aunty, now it would be easier for me to get her convinced..." She replied in a contented state.

As decided Ria went downstairs after about a half-hour for picking her up. As she passed the main hall, she waved at Mamaji and saw Arjun busy with files.

"Where are you going at this time?" Her Mamaji  inquired.

"I m just going to pick Niharika from her place to bring her here." She replied.

"That would be great! My daughter will get not only get a company but also longtime childhood friends will spend some good time together!" He said with joyfullness.

"...but Ria you cannot go like this alone?" He said adamantly.

"Arjun, go with her. It's not right for her to go alone at such an hour." He insisted.

"Fine, Papa." He replied unwillingly.

The duo went to Niharika's place and was waiting for her arrival

The duo went to Niharika's place and was waiting for her arrival. She came up in light orange salwar that suited her slender figure along with hair tied in a messy bun. Arjun could not take his eyes off for an instant but later got busy with his phone.

As soon as Ria saw Niharika, she came out of car and hugged her. Niharika observed from far that not only Ria came for her but also it was also Arjun who was there sitting next to the driver.

The driver picked her luggage and the duo settled in passenger seats. Niharika could see Arjun from her side. He was still stern and not at all paid attention to her but being so near of him, brought a slight grin on her face.

"Bhai, it's been a long time, we haven't came out to hangout... Let's go and grab something na...." Ria was pleading to him like a child.

"Chote Malik, there is a nice open cafe on the left road in next turning, how about we go there?" The driver asked.