Part 30

Epilogue number 2:

Zane:

I thought he died. The blazing fire was supposed to kill him. My hands clenched as I fought back the oncoming tears. She's dead because of me. She died in front of my children.

I got there in the nick of time... To save my children. But she was no longer in my reach. I mauled him the minute I saw him touching my daughter. How dare her touch her.

My children wept onto my side as we huddled beside my beautiful, dead mate. Her eyes were fluttered close. A smile laid across her delicate features. My heart clinched at the sight.

It was now the ending of her funeral. She now lay 6 feet underground. Her casket filled with my children's toys and the necklace I had brought her just the day before. Her wedding ring was on her delicate finger.

My eyes wandered to my hand where our wedding ring was still on it. She was really gone. My whole life was just dipped away from a filthy animal.

I growl escaped my lips. I saw my children look up to me and then to their uncle Jacob. He smiled at them and he told them to go get some cupcakes. They scampered off and to the banquet.

I sighed and with one more look at the fresh pile of dirt I ran. I ran into the forest and shifted. I ran as fast as my legs can carry me. I came across the clearing on where I saved her from the rogues. From where she learned she was the princess.

Her brother came. He never bothered to talk to any of us. He just sat there. With a glum look on his face. Staring silently at her casket.

They never told us more than only that. She was supposed to lead into her mother's footsteps but now she's gone. Never to come back.

I sank to the ground and wept. My whole life was gone. Gone and never to return.

I still remembered her beautiful face. Her smile that lighted up the whole world. Her eyes twinkling in the light. Those beautiful lips that made me melt and kiss her hard. Now I no longer am able to kiss her. To feel her lips on mine. I began whimpering.

Shhh my lovely Angel. We will soon meet again. This is not goodbye.

I swung my head up. Her voice rang to my ears like clinking bells. I yelped in surprise and began looking around.

Ashley? Is that you??

I screamed back. Where is she?? Why can't I see her.

Shhh Zane. I'm here. You can't see me but I am here. I will always be here.

I sighed and looked up into the sky.

I miss you. I miss you so much

I know I know. But soon we will meet. Go take care of my kids please Zane.

I nodded. Of course.

I love you, Zane Eden.

I love you, Ashley Eden.

Forever? She whispered.

Forever. I confirmed. I turned around and began trotting back to my family.

Goodbye, my lovely Mate. I heard her whisper until I could no longer feel her presence.

Goodbye my love. I thought to myself. With one howl to the sky I ran back to my two awaiting children.