42. Future They Deserved

Trisha was sitting and looking at the glass that was separating her from running and throwing her arms around Daniel's frigid body that was lying on the hospital cot.

Her heart was still keeping up with the fact that he was alive. But the dilemma was that no one knew for how long.

She took Steffi in her arms and cradled her. She never thought that she will see her again.

She felt a hand on her shoulder.
"Trish, you should sleep now. You haven't rested. It's been a day. Your body needs rest too. I and Neehan will stay here." Avin said.

Trisha shook her head.

"My body will be at ease only from his sight. I'm going to stay here. Here, take Steffi and go. I have fed her."

Avin took Steffi and cradled her.
"Trish, you have to be strong, no matter what. Whatever happens, you have Celly to take care of."

A drop of tear fell from her eyes.
"I have embraced myself for whatever is in the way, yet the hope keeps getting high every second. I am in greed, Aven. I am greedy for giving my child the love I never had. I am hungry for his love. I have come a long way while loving him but I didn't even bother to tell him. We met, we grew apart and again we came across each other like destiny after the doom. I don't want to lose him again."

She felt a light squeeze on her shoulder. She turned around and saw Adish holding a bottle of water. His eyes with the dark circles were enough to tell her that he was exhausted.
She was still wrapping her head around the fact that he was with Daniel when he went to take Steffi.

FLASHBACK

A knock on the door was heard and the next second, Jason was standing there with a pile of papers.

"Mrs Sen, if you don't mind, I want to talk to Trisha in private."

Bhawna looked at Trisha. Trisha nodded in agreement and Bhawna caressed her hair before leaving.

"How?" Trisha's voice came out as a whisper. "How did it happen?"

"These are the papers you're supposed to sign. Steffi is here and she is safe." Jason mumbled, ignoring the question Trisha asked.

"What are these?!" Trisha asked.

"After signing this, you'll be the sole proprietor of all the properties that Daniel owned."

"I won't sign them," Trisha shook her head.

"You'll have to"

"I said, I won't sign them," she yelled this time.

"He is alive."

Those three words were enough to strive for hope in Trisha.

"What!" She exclaimed.

"He killed Esteban. But-" Jason hesitated but continued "he has been shot three times. There's a mere chance for him to survive. He told me to do this before going to Esteban."

"He will survive. He will. He has to."

"Adish saved him, Trisha. It was Esteban's condition to leave Daniel alone with him if we wanted Steffi with us. Daniel did everything he wanted. He was there alone, disarmed. And Esteban, he was there with his men, fully armed. Adhish stayed there somehow and he saved him."

Trisha was still in shock with all the information sinking in.

"Emilio is downstairs, waiting to claim the property. Just sign these papers and get done with it. Daniel is being treated by Dr Ather."

END OF FLASHBACK

"I never got the chance to say thanks, Adi. The-" Trisha's sentence remained unfinished when Adhish pulled her in his embrace.

"I can do anything for you." He muttered.

Trisha caressed his back before pulling away.

"Then do one more thing for me."

Adhish looked at her questioningly.

"Find someone who is made for you. Enough with this 'I'm alone and happy' drama."

Adhish didn't say anything and shook his head while smiling.

"Ma'am" A nurse yelled from a distance while walking hurriedly towards Trisha."

"Sir has gained consciousness and he wants to see you. Please hurry."

Trisha didn't think twice and ran towards the ICU.

There he was, laying with his eyes closed. The bandage on his chest and abs still had stains of blood.

"Daniel" her voice came out as a whisper as she touched his hand.

His eyes opened lazily as if all the energy was drained. A weak smile played across his lips when he saw the beautiful features that he was craving to see.

He held her hand and brought it to his lips. His lips touched the back of her hand and a familiar wave ran through her body.

"Baby" his voice was weak.

Trisha sat on the stool beside the bed and kissed Daniel's forehead.
"You're gonna be okay" she tried her best to stay brave enough to let him know that she believed he will survive.

A smirk crept up on Daniel's face.
"My girl has grown into a strong woman huh?"

She looked at him with curiosity.

"Just stay the same when I will be gone." He said

This sentence was enough to send her towards the edge.

She shook her head hastily.
"No, that's not happening."

"Trisha" his hand touched her cheek.
"Promise me, you will give yourself a chance to love someone. One who will love you with all his heart. One who won't break you like I did. One who will love our daughter. Baby, I'm one selfish bastard and it rips my heart into pieces to even imagine you with anyone else but I fucking love you. I want all the happiness on your feet."

Tears streamed down her cheeks. Daniel attempted to wipe them but Trisha stopped him.
"Please don't leave me" she cried.

"I'm not afraid to open my heart. I am not afraid to face my sins, baby. You are the purest thing I had and I corrupted you.

"Why are you doing this! Please don't do this to me, Daniel. Not when I'm yearning for you."

Daniel's eyes were glistening from the unshed tears.

Trisha had a weak smile on her face.
"You're right, Daniel. You really are a selfish bastard. You made me love you, then you made me yearn for you and now you chose to leave me. You are a selfish bastard."

"I don't have much time left. Just stay with me till I take my last breath." He muttered.

"This is not the time Daniel. Don't leave me in the middle. Not when I have everything I wished for. The only happiness that will be missing is you. You once told me that no matter wherever I go, every road of yours will exit to mine. That time, that place, that situation was different but look at us where we are. And now, every road of mine exits to you. You're my destination."

She moved closer to him and kissed his lips. That kiss had all the desperation of her for his need. She pulled away.
"Now you promise me. Promise me that you won't give up, so that universe will give us the future we deserved."

A/N

This book is completed. The Epilogue will be up on 22nd of  June.
Thank you for being supportive and continuously encouraging me to write this book. I'm glad