3. Power He Holds

TRISHA'S P.O.V

It's been a month since I moved to Texas.

Mom was not really delighted by the fact though.
When I was at the airport, she said something I didn't expect her to say. She told me that she wanted me to go for the job and settle down with a decent guy. And by the decent guy, she means Adhish.
That's something I didn't expect coming from my mom.

Adhish is my best friend. Although, after that night, things changed between us.

The moment we shared was beautiful. I won't deny that it ignited some feelings inside of me, but inappropriate. He is dating someone!

Adhish came to meet me at the airport and he told me that we have a lot of things to talk about.
He calls me almost every day and we don't talk about that night.

Anyway, back to mom. I told her that she couldn't afford to send me abroad for studies but I owned it. Convinced or not, but she sent me here with a smile. I don't know if it was genuine.

When I entered the campus, I was nearly shocked. The college was huge.
I have googled it a lot of times but seeing it live is something I'd die for.

No! I am not exaggerating, okay?

But honestly, I never expected to get a chance to study at this college.

Well, once Shah Rukh Khan said that when you really desire something from the heart then the whole universe will work towards getting you that one thing.

Quite filmy I am.
Ok so on my very first day, I made a few friends. One of them is Stacey Collins. I really like her and to be honest, I didn't expect to make friends on the first day because in my case, I take time to open up. But Stacey is entirely opposite of me. She reminds me of Aashika very much.

Coming back to Stacey, she didn't take time to shift in my apartment. It feels better to have a company. I was comfortable with her.

I made some friends in my class.
Overall, it's going well. I am loving Austin.

"Hey, Good Morning" Stacey greeted me.

"Good Morning, Stacey,"

"So you are ready?"

"Yes, I am," I replied while fixing my tank top.

"Let's go then"

Just when I reached the college campus, my phone started ringing.