40. The tale

DANIEL P.O.V

"Are you fucking kidding me? You are telling me to stay calm?" I yelled.

"Man, calm down. The bullet has hit her arm." Jason said.

I shook my head. "I want that motherfucker. I will kill him with my bare hands."

"As long as you are with her, it will keep coming. YOU are not good news for her. And because of YOU, my daughter is in a disaster like this.
I heard Trisha's mother high pitched voice.
My jaws clenched at her comment.

I forgot for a moment that she is here as well.

I turned around to face her. She was standing right in front of me. My mom was sitting behind her. Celly was sleeping in her arms.

My mom was looking at me. She shook her head like a cue not to say something vicious.

Fuck it.

"And you are good news?" I snapped at her.

She had an expression full of bitterness.

I scoffed.
"Trisha is innocent, Mrs. Sen. But me, I don't have to tell you much about me. Do you think I am not seeing shits? Since the moment we have arrived here, you haven't touched my baby girl. You haven't even take a look at her. And YOU called Trisha by telling her that you want to see your grandchild?" I chuckled bitterly.

"I come from a society where people give birth after marriage. I am a decent m-" I cut her off in the mid-sentence.

"FUCK YOUR DECENCY"

She gasped.

"That woman behind you is my mother. She comes from the same place as you. In her society, kids are more important than anything. Your culture doesn't include that? You left your daughter on herself when she needed you the most. You fucked up there only."

"You are-" She started but I cut her off.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP."
She shuddered because of my sudden rise in voice.

"Dan!!!" My mom exclaimed.

Trisha is not going to like it.

I walked out of the room.

We are in the mansion right now. Trisha is being treated here only.
Everything is available here. Because of my work, people get injured more often. And I didn't want to risk her life again.

I walked towards the room where my men imprisoned those bastards who shot Trisha.

When I reached, two bodyguards were standing outside.

"We have got all of them, sir." One of them said.

I nodded and opened the door.
My eyes landed on those three bastards.

I walked towards them before picking a knife from the table beside me.

I stabbed the knife in the leg of the guy with blonde hair. He was the one who pulled the trigger.

He screamed in agony.

"What were you thinking when you pulled the trigger, huh?" I placed the knife on his wrist and moved it in a circular motion. "WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING!! DIDN'T YOU THOUGHT EVEN FOR A SECOND, WHAT DANIEL KNIGHT WILL DO IF YOU WILL HURT HIS WOMAN."

"I-I" He couldn't speak so a pulled the knife on his skin harshly.

Blood was all over the floor.
I moved on to the next guy. He was looking like a teenager.