1. Life Before Texas

TRISHA'S P.O.V

"She is beautiful though." Jenny's voice boomed in my ears as she kept swaying her hips.

"God! Why are you shouting! Keep it down, I can hear you, girl. And of course, she is perfect for him. She loves him, supports him, and cares for him. What else a guy can ask from his lover? They make a perfect couple."
Even if I told her to keep her voice down, I was shouting.

Well, the club is not a good place for having a conversation.

"Ain't you feel jealous, Ishy?" She raised an eyebrow with a slight grin on her lips. She is as clever as a fox.

Note the sarcasm, please

I rolled my eyes.
"Have you gone mad or what? Why would I be jealous? You know we're friends, okay?" I replied trying my best to sound nice even if she is annoying the hell out of me.

"So you're okay with it if Adhish is dating someone?" Her eyes narrowed at me.

"Oh, didn't I said that like, 5 seconds back?" I shrugged my shoulders. "He is my best friend and almost like a family. I will be the happiest one if he is with someone who truly loves him." I said with a tight-lipped smile.

Well, that's the truth. Adhish being with Dia is totally fine for me until he is happy. His happiness is my first priority. So isn't that obvious that he is important?

Did I tell you about Adhish? No?
Well, Adhish Armaan, the hottest guy in our college. He is a brat.

Son of a rich!

So, I still remember our first encounter when I met him on the very first day of my college.
And here's an interesting fact.

I was a freshman and he was a senior.

–3 YEARS BACK–

"Mom, don't worry, the little girl is not little anymore okay? It's just the first day of my college, not survival of course." I said while stuffing my books in the bag.

"I know you're not that little girl anymore but you will be my little one always. So, don't tell me how to talk to my child."

"Right! I am sorry, okay? But don't worry, mom. I'll be fine." I sighed.

"Hmph! Just take care and stay away from troubled kids and don't fall for ragging. Just contact the college office and get in touch with uncle-"

I cut her off in the mid-sentence.

"Okay, my lovely lady. Can I leave now? I'm already late. And I repeat, I'll be fine okay? You don't have to worry."

"Ishy, I am your mother. I know how things work with you. You cry easily. You are not that strong to handle troubles."

I scoffed.
"Are you listening to yourself mom? That was not the way of telling my weakness. I am sensitive but that was not the way to point it out, Mom. It's not a weakness. It's an emotion." I rambled.

I am tired of being called weak. Everyone has a weakness, right? If I am shy and sensitive, is that my fault? Or does that explain I am weak?

"Trisha Sen! You better don't argue with your mother. I know what's right for you."

So that's how this conversation is going to end. Great! Same old days.
Tears were forming in my eyes but I quickly looked up and carefully wiped out the tears.
" Right!" My voice came out as a whisper. "I'll leave now. Love you, mom."