31. Comforting Lies

DANIEL P.O.V

"It was Esteban"

Wait!

"Our ba-" I was about to question her but looks like she was already prepared with her answer.

"There's no baby." Her voice came out as a whisper.
I was stunned. My body went frigid. This is not happening. It hurts. Its' hurting. This pain is tormenting me.
I am feeling weak, like 5 years ago. It's even worse.

Esteban!!

I turned around and started walking but she held my arms and stood up.

"I have taken pills." As soon as I heard her, I stopped.

She did what?

"What did you said?" I balled my fists and turned around expecting her to say that she is not serious.

"I didn't wish for this baby. I don't want it."

I cupped her face. I couldn't believe she did it. She can't kill her own baby. She is lying to save that bastard.

"I will kill him, Trisha. No matter whatever you say. I am not convinced. And for this," I pointed towards her stomach, "No chance"

She opened the drawer and picked a bottle.
She handed it to me.

I was outraged. My head went cold and my palms were sweating.
I groaned and threw the bottle on the wall.
She startled.

I turned towards her and cupped her cheeks.

"You're kidding, right? Baby, I know you're mad at me but this is some next-level shit. It's not a joke. It's our baby."

"I thought you didn't want this baby. It was just a result of warming your bed." She replied.

I ran my fingers through my hair. It's frustrating. Her choice of words is demoralizing.
I still can't believe she did it.

"Trisha, baby, I am sorry. But I don't deserve this. I want this baby. It's my fucking baby, it's not a joke. Tell me you didn't do anything. Tell me god damnit."

I was losing my patience.

"I killed this baby, Daniel."

"WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT!!! IT WAS YOUR BABY TOO."

She smiled weakly, "What would I do with it? Do you know how it feels to live without a father? I don't want my baby to live a life like me."

She has gone insane!!
I gritted my teeth," I am alive, Trisha. How can you say that!!"

"I don't want my baby to be like you either, lost, perplexed, heartless and what not. "

I looked in her direction.

"D-did you just c-called me heartless?" I stuttered.

"Because you are heartless, you're brutal, Daniel."

Her eyes were emotionless when she said it. My heart was aching. I couldn't understand if it's about losing my unborn child or her being emotionless towards me.

I still can't point it out if it's love or not but I need her. She is essential to me. She doesn't know what she means to me.

"This is not gonna work, Daniel." Tears were rolling down through her cheeks.

I pulled her towards me and held her tightly.

Our foreheads were touching.

"Trisha," I caressed her cheek and closed my eyes as I realized that tears were forming in my eyes. "Your embrace was enough to heal me. I imagined us somewhere, anywhere, but I imagined us."

TRISHA P.O.V

"I imagined us." As soon as he finished his sentence, I broke down. I cried my heart out.

"I never wanted to be anywhere, Daniel. I wanted to be somewhere where you would love me."

He opened his eyes. His eyes were red. He was holding back his tears but it didn't work. A tear rolled down through his cheek.

I wiped out his tears and cupped his cheeks. "We want to be loved selflessly, but we love selfishly. I was selfish. I was lost."

"You were not lost, you were not selfish Trish. We can figure this out." He said.

"A part of you was hidden, Daniel. You are so much more than you told me about yourself."

He stayed silent. Guilt was visible on his face. He knew the reason behind my words.

"You picked me because you saw her glimpse in me, you destroyed me like you wanted to destroy her. You raped me, Daniel, but here I am crying with you. You know why? Because the day you entered my room while committing that the most shameful thing of your life was to rape me, I thought it was the real you."

His red eyes were focused on mine. I caressed his lips with my thumb.

"Esteban is your shadow, Daniel. If not you then he would have found me and raped me. It was my fate."
I was weeping while saying this. I pulled back and sat down on the bed.

He kneeled down in front of me. He hugged me as he buried his head in my breast. He was like a baby trying to hide himself.
It was hard to see him like that but this has to be done.

"Everyone has loved someone, lost someone, and can love again. I never wanted love. I just wanted to forget that I am wrecked. I kept running until I found you. And now I am realizing that I am on the doorsteps of love again." As soon as I heard him, my body froze.

Did he just say that he loves me?

"Trisha-"

"I want freedom." My voice was stern.
His eyes flicked open and he was looking at me. His eyes were sad.
"If I mean anything to you, then please, just let me be free. It's haunting me now."

I am not giving him another chance. He is just perplexed. And his decisions are perplexed. He can never love me. I

His sad gaze turned into a cold one.
"You can go." Just plain and simple three words.

I wanted to cry but I suppressed my feelings.

He started walking out of the door.

"Maybe this was meant to happen," I whispered to myself while wiping out my tears.

"Maybe you're just comforting yourself with a lie." I heard him saying as he walked out of the room.

______________________________________

What's your favorite part/ line?

Do vote for this chapter and tell me in the comment section if you liked this chapter.

Loads Of Love.
XOXO

- DemonDamsel