Chapter 5

Everyone in team z was playing rock paper scissors to determine who would pick their position first. You and the other 11 people in team z put your fists in the middle.

    "Rock... paper... scissors... SHOOT!" You and the 11 other players yelled simultaneously.

     "Aw man, why is it that Isagi always wins?!" You sighed in defeat yet again.

     "As we said earlier, isagi can pick the position he wants, and the rest of us will follow by rank." Kuon exclaimed.

    As expected, isagi chose to be the forward. You, being in the lower ranks, were stuck with being your least favorite position, the goalkeeper.

    "The first selection will be a round-robin involving all 5 teams within this stratum. Only the top two highest positioned teams at the end of all 10 matches will qualify. And the worst three will be eliminated. Meaning, the members of those teams will be immediately expelled from blue lock and will lose the rights to play for japans national team." Ego explained, "However, for those three teams there is a way to avoid elimination... that is to be the player who has scored the most goals for their team by the selection's end. This is a system with the purpose of saving only the best scorer from each eliminated team."

    'So its kill or be killed' you thought to yourself, 'especially with my position as goalkeeper..'

    "Players within a team will be ranked according to the number of goals scored. But 'fair play' will be accounted for in the system. Those with fewer penalties will have greater chances of winning." Ego continued, "weather by 'pursuing their own goals' or by the 'teams victory' the fate of every striker will be decided by this first selection we are holding! This fight will have you all play football from scratch to work on your foundations. The first game will be held two hours from now... between team x.. and team z!"

     'So our opponent is team x...' you thought to yourself.

~before the game~

    On the board was a diagram of everyone's position on the field. You would be goalkeeper. Kuon, naruhaya, igaguri, and chigiri would be defense. Iemon would be on bench, And the rest of the players on offense.

     You put on the gloves that a goalkeeper wears and did a few stretches before the game.

     "To assist us with determining fouls, a VAR system will be used for this game." Ego spoke, "now, its time for the first 45 minutes of the fifth stratums very first game!"

     "Hey guys, team x is here," kunigami spoke.

     You turned your head and sure enough, team x had appeared. You stood up and went to your position. You could hear some of the members on team x question why a female was playing goalkeeper at blue lock.

     "Tch, it doesnt matter, female opponent or not, i rule this field, because i am the king," you heard a voice announce.

     Soon the kickoff occurred, signaling the start of the game. Isagi raced forward, stopping in his tracks seeing that there were three guys in front of him from team x. He was about to kick it to bachira when raichi came out of nowhere and stole the ball.

     "What the hell is that idiot doing?" You asked yourself.

     Things took an unexpected turn when kunigami took the ball from raichi. You were dumbfounded at the scene in front of you. Amidst the commotion, people began leaving their posts. You stayed in your spot, not wanting the other team to score a goal. Soon, everyone was trying to get the ball.

     'So this is what ego meant when he said playing football from scratch..' you thought to yourself, remaining at your spot near the goal.

     After a while of fighting for the ball, there emerged a victor. You braced yourself as the teenager came running at you, ball in tow.

    'Where will he shoot..?' You asked yourself. You watched the boys every movement as he rushed closer to the goal.

Authors note: this is a short chapter, but these chapters actually follow the chapters that are published in the manga, so im going at the pace that the mangaka has established but cutting out some unnecessary dialogue because if you are reading this at this time, then you most likely have read most of the manga and get the overall flow of Blue Lock.
Edit: changed Lemon to Iemon. Yes, future readers, I thought Iemon was Lemon. 🤩 Thank you, readers, for pointing it out kindly so i can fix it :3! Have a nice day/night!