Chapter 46

The score was tied 2-2. And you were certain that you would defend the goal with your life.

Nagi and Isagi moved forward to play their newly assigned roles.

"I'll kill you all so come on already." Rin spoke, "your lukewarm game of ball ends here."

You furrowed your brows as you heard Isagi speak up, "that pisses me off... arent we playing the same game?"

If a death match is what he wants, then a death match he will get. You thought—metaphorically, of course.

The game started up again and you observed the ball like it was a lonely creature, oblivious to its predator stalking it from the sky; watching, waiting for it to let its guard down. But you dreaded having to take action, for it had a toxic medicinal about it—able to be used as something far worse than its counterpart.

But you had faith in your teammates, who were rushing to snag the ball. Aryu was playing stylishly, but he was no match for both isagi and nagi.

Sensing this, Aryu chose to pass it to Tokimitsu.

You eyed aryu as he approached your goal. You moved to your left until you reached a distance that, if you needed to, you could close the gap and combat his actions. Luckily, isagi was able to steal the ball from tokimitsu, getting rid of your temporary burden.

"Here!" Nagi called out to Isagi, receiving the pass from him.

However, unfortunately for you, tokimitsu had somehow made it behind nagi. You tensed up as you saw him move his left leg, swinging it in an effort to hit the ball into the goal.

You abandoned Aryu and that was a fatal blunder on your part. Tokimitsu kicked the ball to aryu, rather than taking the shot himself. Thus, aryu was able to score from behind you.

The score was now 3-2, your team on the losing side.

"Oh... my bad, i didn't see him behind me." Nagi put a hand on the nape of his neck.

"It's alright.. I didn't either," Isagi spoke.

"I'll try to be more observant next time." You added in.

"We have the ball now, so if we're going to make a move then we best get to it," Isagi smiled, "right, Nagi?"

"Sure." Nagi nodded, flashing him a thumbs-up.

Meanwhile with Usagi...

   This is the address mentioned on y/n's letter so i think she should be here... usagi thought, standing in front of the building you first met Kira and Isagi at.

   Usagi entered the building, leaving her bike on the nearest bike rack and chaining it to the metal poles. She looked around the first floor for a few minutes before finding the front desk.

   "Hey!" Usagi called out to the people behind the counter, jumping and waving her hands so that they could see her.

   "Hm?" One girl stood up and leaned over the desk, "how may I help yo- wait, where are your parents?"

   "They told me to stay here and wait with Mr. Ego until they were done with work!" Usagi smiled.

   "Ego? He didn't mention having any visitors or meetings today.." the woman spoke.

   So i was right, the man on TV is in charge of this place! Usagi smiled, "i'm not a visitor! I'm a family friend of his!"

   Usagi had practiced what she would say and do before arriving at the facility, so she was able to answer any question thrown at her.

   "Well, i'll call him right now and tell him that you are waiting." The woman said as she pulled out a phone.

   After a few moments the woman spoke to the phone, "hello, sir. You have a young child waiting for you on the first floor."

   She stood in silence for a few moments before speaking up again, "no sir, just the kid... oh! She says that you are a 'family friend'... ok... her name is.. uh..."

   The lady covered the speaker before whispering, "what was your name?"

   "Usagi!" The young girl smiled, waiting patiently.

   "Usagi!" The woman caught hold of the girl's contagious smile.

   "Alright!" The woman hung up the phone before turning to the child behind the counter.

   "Ego will be with you in a moment! In the mean time, you can sit with me!" The woman patted an empty swivel chair.

   "Alright!" Usagi went behind the counter and sat on the chair.

With Ego...

   "What was that?" Anri asked.

   "Some child is waiting for me at the first floor, says she's a family friend." Ego scowled.

   "Oh!" Anri nodded, "well.. what did you say?"

   "I'll pick her up in a few." He replied, gesturing to the game displayed on the monitor.

   "Very well then." Anri turned her attention back to the screen.

To the game...

   You stretched your legs a bit while Isagi and nagj were running down the field. It was a constant battle for possession of the ball. At one point, tokimitsu almost scored a goal, but it went out of bounds instead.

   You were constantly on edge.

Authors note: heyy sorry for the wait. I was mainly focusing on extracurriculars. But i'm back!! Again, sorry for the short chapter, though ive been trying to make the chapters longer whilst adding my own details to switch stuff up a little! Question of the day: would you rather have to go against kunigami in an arm wrestling contest, or would you rather have a race with chigiri? Me personally, i'd rather race chigiri. Have a good day/night and i'm sorry for the late update!

Edit: I accidentally mixed up isagi and bachira's roles 💀 so i fixed that.