Chapter 41

Back to you...

You stared at the entity, must be a hologram of sorts...

You watched as a goal appeared.

This must be a shooting practice of sorts... you thought as you received the ball that flew out of the panel to your right.

You noticed the room shrinking and realized you had a time limit.

As a test, you lightly kicked the ball at the goal.

The hologram, however, took that personally. It kicked the ball back, it barely missing your head.

Your mind went blank, thats... extremely fast.

Your eyes widened, could it be that they want me dead?!

You realized the urgency of the situation, feeling a bit sick to your stomach.

I didn't sign up for dodgeball... but oh well. I'm not gonna back down here, you narrowed your eyes.

Suddenly, a screen popped up.

On the screen, it read: "1st stage... time: 89:41... clear 500 goal."

Your eyes widened, is that even possible?!

You clenched your fists and closed your eyes, forcing yourself into the zone.

You noticed another ball flying at you from the left.

You ran up to the ball, "two can play at that game."

You used adequate power to force the ball into the goal, giving the hologram a rude awakening.

You continued to score until you had scored 100 goals.

You were a bit drained, scoring so many goals nonstop. However, at the pace you were going, you'd have time to spare after scoring the 500 goals.

Before you could score the 101st goal, more holograms appeared. A popup appeared on the wall, reading: "1st stage LV.2"

This has to be some sick joke.. you thought, panting slightly, whatever... maybe they aren't as good as the goalie...

You then shot a ball between the new holograms, but one of the holograms sped up and the ball flew back at you with the same force you shot it with, hitting you in the cheek. You fell backwards, feeling a new throbbing pain in your right cheek.

"Fuck you.." you mumbled to the hologram, "oh.. you don't have ears.."

With Ego and Anri...

"Isn't this a bit... too cruel?" Anri asked, watching the ball knock you down yet again.

"Anri, she's already scored one-fifth of the goals! Heck, she can take a few hits!" Ego spoke.

"This seems a bit unfair..." anri spoke.

"If you're worried about possible injuries, then don't. I can get rid of the holograms and reassess if needed." Ego spoke, "after all, it would be a shame to render y/n unable to play."

Anri frowned before reassuring herself, "y/n can handle it..."

"However, don't you find it strange?" Ego asked.

"What?" Anri inquired.

"Y/n has not entered the zone yet.. however, it seems as if shes under the illusion that she is in the zone.." Ego spoke, fascinated by your performance.

"Now that you mention it..." anri observed the monitor, "she has slowed down a lot..."

Back to you...

You took a moment to think, maybe if i confuse the holograms...

Your eyes widened and a smirk made itself noticeable on your face. You recreated the 'curveball' that you used to score against team V again.

The ball went past the holograms and goalie.

Thats it! Your smile widened, i'll just spam-attack with these curved shots!

And that's what you did.