Chapter 27

"That was a good one, Nagi!" Reo spoke, "just as I pictured it!"

   "Hey reo." Nagi turned his head, "can I slack off for the rest of the match? You can guard miss y/n."

   "Nah! Not yet! Keep at it til ya score five goals!" Reo spoke.

   "Hmph.. but being guarded by y/n makes me nervous... can it be four?" Nagi whined.

   You were dumbfounded. When you first met Nagi, he seemed excited to play against you. What happened between now and then to make him like this? Or perhaps nothing changed. Maybe he was just naturally lazy?

   You spaced out but were snapped back to reality when Nagi spoke, "Earth to y/n. Don't zone out on your team now."

   You jumped but nodded, bowing in embarrassment, "ah! Sorry!"

   The game started up again, Isagi kicking the ball to you. You ran past the first two defenders with ease. You suddenly lost yourself in your thoughts.

   If I score a goal, it will temporarily solve all of my problems... so i should... score a goal. You thought, running without thought, unconsciously increasing your speed.

   Suddenly, you noticed everything. Wind speed, people around you, players speeds, shooting range, drag on your body, and potential opportunities for scoring. Your body moved on it's own, and you noticed Nagi trying to catch up to you, kind of like how you were trying to catch up with him before. You then prepared to shoot the ball when someone snapped you out of your subconscious state.

   What happened? You thought oh yeah, kunigami.

   "Y/n! Here!" Kunigami shouted to get your attention.

    You passed the ball over to him, making Nagi surprised.

Nagi's point of view.

   I watched as y/n passed the ball to the orange-haired boy on her team.

   What is she doing? She was about to actually score.. what the hell was that?! I frowned as I ran between y/n and Kunigami.

   Seems like Reo noticed it, too.. it's like she just.. froze up. I ran forward to intercept the orange-haired boy's shot.

No one's point of view

   You ran forward towards the goal, getting ready in case something went wrong. Suddenly, before you could react, nagi received the ball and did a backflip with it, kicking it with enough force to score a goal.

    There's no way.. you stood speechless.

   "Y/N?! WHAT THE FUCK?!" Raichi yelled at you, making you jump.

   "W-what?" You asked, caught off guard.

   "WHY THE HELL DID YOU PASS THE BALL?! YOU COULD'VE SCORED A MCFUCKIN' GOAL!!!" He pointed at you.

   You were genuinely confused.

   "I don't remember.." you frowned.

   "STOP MAKING EXCUSES!" Raichi grabbed the collar of your jersey.

   "HEY! STOP! It was MY FAULT! If I hadn't have asked for the damn pass, then she would have scored the goal!" Kunigami pushed Raichi off of you.

   "THEN WHY'D YOU ASK FOR THE DAMN BALL?" Raichi scowled.

   You then remembered, you were in the zone before kunigami broke your concentration..

   Isagi broke up Kunigami and Raichi's fight before it could get out of hand and you went back to position.

   This time, Chigiri would pass you the ball. You got ready and Chigiri kicked it towards you. However, the boy with glasses intercepted the pass.

   "We can not let you get the ball," the boy gave you a quick glare, "at any costs."

   Before you could register what he said, you had already ran back to guard the goal. You then clashed with him in an attempt to get the ball, almost tripping him in the process. However, before you could get the ball, he passed it over to Nagi.

   Fuck. You swore as you watched him kick it towards the goal. The ball made it in, making them up 3-0.

   "Next time.. we will score a goal." You silently muttered, shocking the boy with glasses.

   Bachira shared your vibe, "finally! Something fun to do!"

   You had no intention of losing. In fact, you believed that at that very moment that you could score a goal and beat Nagi himself. Perhaps you were in a shocked state, but you would not, under any circumstances, give up now.

Author's note: hey besties! New chapter posted yay! Also, i've decided to do question of the day/week/month/year/decade/etc,.! Today's question: who is your least favorite blue lock character and why? I personally hate that Kira guy lmao. See ya next chapter!