Chapter 18

You gave kuon a suspicious glare before returning your attention to the game. You switched positions. The three forwards were now Isagi, Bachira, and Kunigami. Team Z had switched over to attack formation.

We have to take the offensive or we'd be like sitting ducks.. you thought as you stretched a bit.

Isagi and kunigami then carried the ball down the field to the goal.

You noticed that bachira was being blocked out, kunigami normally passes to bachira... this isnt good.

Should i get open? Or should i remain in defense? Ah screw it were going offensive, ill just get open for the pass and then reset the formation.. you thought as you ran towards kunigami.

Kunigami passed it to you and you ran forward.

Everyone else is stucj back there... its like they read our tactic and know our every move. But this tactic is brand new, theres no way they know our plan.. you said, getting closer to the goal.

From behind you, you could hear one of the twins yelling, "THIS WASN'T IN THE PLAN!"

What plan? Did they eavesdrop on our team meeting? You questioned yourself as you got in your shooting zone.

You kicked the ball towards the net behind the goal using your left leg (one of the twins was on your right side). The twin threw you off balance a bit, however, causing the ball to hit the goalpost and ricochet back to the twin.

"Shit.." you cursed quietly as you turned around and sprinted to get back to defense.

As one of the twins approached your teams goal, he passed it towards kuon. Kuon then headbutted the ball, sending it back to the other twin. You ran to catch up.

One of the twins scored a goal, it was too late. The game was tied.

What the fuck kuon??? You gave kuon a death glare.

"Kuon..." you started, but were interrupted by isagi.

"Have you betrayed us?" Isagi asked, "have you betrayed team Z?"

You waited for kuons answer with everyone else, only to hear one of the wanima twins creep up from behind you, "Thats riiiiiiight~"

You jumped forward a bit and turned around quickly, startled by the sudden break in silence.

"They caught ya! So come clean, kuon-chan~" the twin continued.

You clenched your fists in anger as the twin told you and team Z everything.

"Theyre lying... right, kuon?" Isagi asked, voice shaking.

You turned your head to look at isagi. You gave him a knowing look. It all added up. Kuon was the culprit, and you didnt have to be the worlds greatest detective to figure out who the 'kira' is in this case.

Raichi grabbed Kuon's jersey collar as he screamed, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME KUON?! IM GONNA KILL YOU ASSHOLE!! WHYD YOU PULL THIS SHIT HUH?!"

"I... am just doing whatever it takes to survive in blue lock..." kuon replied.

Raichi got a yellow card for attempting to punch kuon in the face.

The other team proceeded to score another goal, putting them in a one-point lead.

I swear im gonna beat the shit outta that jerk when this games over... you thought as you attempted to, unsuccessfully, block the wanima twins from scoring.

Authors note: state testing is over! I can finally get back to a somewhat normal posting schedule! But i have exams coming up in the next 2 weeks. Luckily, ill be exempt from most of them 😎 👍 have a good day/night!