Chapter 15

You woke up and got ready to go practice with team Z.

You walked with Bachira and Isagi on your way to the training field.

You scrimmaged on teams of six. After a while, you heard Ego's voice coming from the tv.

"Greetings you unpolished gems." Ego started his speech.

Your attention snapped towards the tv as you thought Monokuma much?

"I knew it.. this blend of sauce and mayonaise," he continued, "really hits the spot!"

You deadpanned at the sight of him eating, could 't he wait till after talking to us to eat that?

"The stratums sixth match has just now ended." Ego spoke, "see the screen for results and current standings."

Team Z was in fourth place, team V being in first.

"And now it gets spicy. Until now, it was your performance and plays that determined your spot within our blue lock ranking, forming your teams." Ego spoke, "but the fundamental criteria of your rank is a strikers greatest strength, their goals."

You heard a beep noise, signaling that your rank has changed. "Therefore, the strikers whose goals were most valuable for the team will stand at the top of the chart. Which is why team Z's top rankers are both Y/n and Isagi."

You looked at your rank which read 266.

"Since it was a tie, i had to deduce which player had better physical strength and stamina, being Isagi Yoichi." Ego explained.

"Dammit.." you heard raichi mumble under his breath.

"Oh. I moved up a few," Gagamaru stated.

"Agh! Im lower now~" bachira whined.

"Im still last huh.." Igaguri said annoyed.

"I believe I have told you that a weapon is merely the first step a striker must take in order to thrive.. but such a treasure can not lay stagnant once acquired. As such, your next step is.." ego paused for suspense, "to hone your weapon! And make it exceptional."

You thought of possible ways that you could improve on your weapon.

"You must seek your own play style. And make it exceptional." Ego added on.

You kept your eyes glued to the screen as it displayed your next mach. You would go against team W tomorrow...

"Okay, thats it for today. Lets all get some rest and prepare for tomorrow." Kuon decided.

Everyone else but you, kunigami, and isagi had left the training field.

"Yo." You spoke, causing isagi to snap out of his trance.

"Oh! Hi y/n!" Isagi smiled.

"If you want to get better, you'll have to work for it." You spoke.

"Youre right!" Isagi jumped up and started running laps.

You and Kunigami joined isagi.

After all, you thought, Isagi isnt the only one going for best striker.

"How mean! I can work out with ya too you know!" Bachira spoke as he ran beside you.

"Isagi! If you havent noticed, youve already become the foundation for team Z!" Bachira smiled, everyone else in team Z behind him.

You and the rest of team Z conditioned yourselves for the rest of the day.

Authors note: one more match then Nagi shows up 😎. Then i can actually call this story a nagi x reader 💀.