Chapter 23

The next day, team z decided to watch a few games. In the 9th match, team Y and team W tied, meaning that team z is in 3rd place. We would be playing team V as our, and everyone else's last game for the first selection.

"Even if we tie against them due to the goal differential, we'd still be eliminated. And yet there's an easy solution," Iemon started, "if we win, we will pass. That's all it takes!

Kuon sat in the corner, silent as usual since you got on to him.

   Man's sitting in the emo corner growing mushrooms.. you thought, haha bitch learned his lesson.

    "Kuon, i hope you're listenin' or ima beat your ass!" Raichi stated.

    "Why do you even bother, it's not like he'll play with us anymore.." naruhaya told raichi.

    "We should be grateful that team w had a tie game or we would be hanging by a thread! This gives us a bit of a breather but we gotta win this next game!" You added in with a smile.

    "Well then, i need to know who is behind team V's success.." Iemon grabbed the remote for the tv and made it display the three men we saw in the cafetorium, "this trio... in three games, they scored a total of 18 goals.. this trio is responsible for team V's ridiculous and surreal victories."

    "With five goals.. Zantetsu Tsurugi; with six goals, Reo Mikage; and team V's top scorer with seven goals, Seishiro nagi." Iemon spoke.

   You were surprised that Nagi was the top scorer, i knew he played soccer but i didnt know he was that good..

    "If we dont stop these guys we're pretty much done for," Iemon finished.

    "I planned on winning against them anyways..." you spoke, leaving for training.

•Nagi's p.o.v.•

    Nagi continued to play his game on the phone whilst sitting in team V's locker room.

   "Hey nagi... did you really skip today's training as well?" Zantetsu asked.

    "Yeah..." nagi spoke, "its just gotten... annoying..."

   "And you're okay with that? If you keep on slacking, you wont keep your lactic acid levels steady. Your knees will get all messed up and not even glucosamine will help you with that..." zantetsu spoke, pushing up his glasses, "well.. how does this feel?" He asked while pushing nagi's shin up.

   "Its good... all good" nagi spoke still concentrated on his game, still something was on his mind and he couldnt quite lay a finger on it.

    "What're you saying dumb zantetsu? Nagi will be fine even if he skips practice!" Reo added.

    "Reo.. you're far too protective of nagi.." zantetsu retorted.

    "Well, of course!" Reo spoke again, "you see, this guy here is my own gem!"

   Nagi zoned out and continued to play his game.

   Oh yeah.. next match we fight that y/n girl... nagi thought, she may be good... i dont think i need to train...

Authors note: thank you for reading this! Just wanted to say, one week till exams! I only have to go on monday though because im exempt 😎 but i still have basketball in the summer. I should be able to post way more sooner, until then, have a nice life!

Edit: Iemon.