Chapter 17

The twins started getting on to their team's defense lineup. Soon after, the game resumed, the twins had the ball. Bachira approached the silent twin from behind. The other twin alerted the one with the ball of his presence.

Kunigami then ran up to the silent one and kicked the ball to bachira from the side.

Nice one, Kunigami! You thought as bachira passed the ball to kuon.

Kuon, unexpectedly, used his chest to launch the ball towards the goal, making the shot.

"NICE ONE KUON!!" You shouted with a smile.

You turned around to see the twins. The positive one was trying to calm down the quieter one.

I can understand why they're stressed.. you thought to yourself as you stretched.

Team Z then switched their formation as planned. This time you, raichi, and gagamaru were the three forwards.

You ran forward with the ball, gagamaru on your right side. As you were running, you felt someone grab you by your collar.

"Oof—" you said as the air in your lungs left your body.

"Piiiip!!" You heard the buzzer, "Foul by Jun'ichi Wanima! Free kick for team Z!"

You quickly regained your composure and kicked the ball over to bachira, who would kick it to one of the team members.

Everyone was crowding around the goal, so bachira kicked it to you, who was wide open for the shot. You then kicked it behind the other teams goalie and into the net, scoring the third point for team Z.

The buzzer went off again, signaling half time. Bachira high fived you and everyone talked about how great your goal was. You couldn't help but to blush a bit, you never got that much praise for scoring a goal back at seirin.

You then walked to the locker room with the rest of team Z.

"WERE ALREADY UP 3-0 AT THE HALF!!" Igaguri yelled, "KUONS GOT A WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION!!"

"Im on such a streak that its scary! The ketchup's coming out hard today!" Kuon said as he drank some water.

You nodded as isagi spoke, "WE'LL DEFINITELY WIN LIKE THIS! LETS GO TEAM Z!!"

You gave isagi a thumbs up and walked back to the field with the rest of the team.

The second half had started and now it was raichi's turn to do the kick off. You noticed that one of the wanima brothers was trying to stop raichi, so you ran a bit faster to be able to accept a pass if needed.

From the opposite side of the field you heard kuon speak, "RAICHI SLOW DOWN A BIT, WEVE GOT TO LET THE CLOCK RUN DOWN!"

Raichi turned and passed the ball to Kuon while saying, "I BETTER GET THE BALL BACK KUON! IM NOT GIVING IT TO YOU SO YOU CAN SHOW OFF!!"

You heard kuon reply, "OF COURSE! FIRST PRIORITY IS FOR THE TEAM TO WIN!"

Your eyes went wide as you saw one of the wanima brothers come up behind kuon. You began running back towards the goal as the positive wanima brother stole the ball from kuon.

Isagi tried to stop the brothers from getting to the goal by attempting to kick the ball from them. The wanima brothers, however, just jumped over his leg.

You were almost caught up with the brothers but were too late, the quiet twin scored a goal.

"CALM DOWN! WERE STILL TWO GOALS AHEAD OF THEM! LETS JUST FOCUS ON SETTING PASSES!" Kuon yelled.

He was right, if we were going to win we would have to stick to defense. Kuon got the ball and kicked it to isagi.

That pass is way too short! You thought, shit! It won't make it!

You watched as the quiet wanima brother took the ball, you then watched his every move and prepared to play good defense. You ran up to the wanima brother, ready to steal the ball. But, you didnt see the other one run behind you to receive a pass. The one with the ball passed it to his brother and his brother scored a goal.

"Fuck.." you said as the ball hit the net.

You could hear raichi yelling at kuon, who was bowing down and begging for forgiveness. To be honest, you were pissed off at the moment.

We all fucked up.. you mentally cursed, we cant let them score another goal...

As kuon stood up, you noticed him smile.

That bitch.. you thought, you dont smile when you make a mistake.

Something was off and you could feel it. And by the looks of it, isagi was thinking the same thing.

Authors note: the plot thickens! Also, i want to thank you, the reader for reading this story! I wont be able to update often for the next 3-4 weeks because exams and testing are coming up! But after i get through with that, summer will arrive! And when summer comes, ill be able to update a lot more!!