Chapter 42

You continued to shoot curved shots for 300 more goals. Doing this had taken a toll on your physical state. You felt more tired than you ever had before.

Just 100 more... you panted, feeling intense cramping in your dominant leg.

Then another popup appeared that read: "LV. MAX."

Your heart dropped as a goal appeared behind you and the limbless holograms transformed into 3-dimensional holograms with arms and legs.

You began trembling.

I have to be dreaming... there's no way... I can't... you felt a tear trail down your cheek. Or was it just your own sweat?

You felt your body become extremely hot, this is torture...

You then punched yourself, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!! YOU CAN'T STOP NOW AFTER COMING THIS CLOSE!!! JUST GET THIS OVER WITH!! YOU'VE SCORED 400 ALREADY!! 100 MORE AND YOU'LL GET A BREAK!!

You stopped feeling pity for yourself. You closed your eyes and inhaled.

29 minutes on the clock. 100 goals to score. 4 beings to surpass.

You opened your eyes to see nothing but the goal.

The only thing in your head that very moment was one word and one word only.

Score.

You ran forward, goal in sight and ball in possession.

You proceeded to score 70 goals in a row.

With Ego and Anri...

Ego stared at the monitor, watching you score goals, "she's better than I thought.."

Anri looked at the monitor, amazed, "she's..."

Ego smiled, "unstoppable!"

"But this challenge was designed to be unbeatable.. so how is she-" Anri spoke but was interrupted by the sound of the buzzer going off. You had finished your challenge.

Ego's eyes widened, "She actually did it!"

Back to you...

The buzzer went off. You had scored 500 goals in 90 minutes. You couldn't think straight as you let your tiredness take control.

You fell to the ground and let yourself stay there for a few minutes.

It's over... you smiled a bit before letting yourself take a nap.

Back to Ego and Anri...

Anri laughed, "she did it!"

However, her face dropped as terror consumed her at the sight of you falling over onto the ground.

"E-Ego is she ok?!" Anri asked, slamming her hands onto the desk in worry.

"I'll send someone in to get her." Ego spoke before using another monitor for a different room.

Meanwhile in the waiting area for the next stage...