Chapter 10

Today's the day. It's time for the fourth match...

"They're here.." Raichi spoke as you stretched your legs for the game.

"Yeah," Isagi said.

"Team Y is in the same spot as us," Kuon started, "there's no way they'll recover if they lose this game.. we'll have to look out for their number nine.."

You looked over at number nine and nodded.

"But don't worry! This time we have the 'i'll be the next nine tactic!' All we have to do is execute it like we practiced." Kuon explained, "VICTORY OR DEATH TEAM Z!"

"YEAH!" You shouted along with your teammates.

You took your place in on defense.

I'm working my way up to offense! You thought as you smirked.

flashback

"I've devised a hyper-offensive system to make the most out of our own weapons. But if we focus solely on our individual weapons, we'd lose out of team play." Kuon told his plan, "which is why all of us will rotate playing as forward! I already divided the time for us... to fully grasp the potential of our weapons, we'll play following a lineup and adapt to them: Support the main forward in playing their style of football, and rotate out until all 12 of us have lead as FWs."

"I get it! So it's kinda like becoming the line-leader in kindergarten but instead we're rotating positions!" You grinned.

Kuon nodded and said, "we'll probably use our rankings to determine who plays forward when."

"How will we know when to switch positions apart from FW?" Naruhaya asked.

"Well, we can rotate clockwise and it should work. Just switch to the position closest to yours." Kuon replied, rotating his finger in a clockwise direction, "we'll rotate every ten minutes."

present time

"Let's go!" Bachira yelled, starting off the game as forward.

The offensive group ran forward, sticking to the plan as bachira ran to the goal with his amazing dribble.

"KEEP THIS GUY DOUBLE MARKED!" One of the players on team Y spoke, having another player follow his command.

You stood guard back near the goal as you noticed a boy with his hair covering his eyes sneak up on bachiras left side.

Bachira noticed in time and kicked the ball back to Igaguri. After a bit, igaguri passed it to bachira for a comeback.

They found out bachiras dribbling... you thought, is that even possible this early in the game? No.. it can't be. Something's not right... you stood your ground waiting for bachiras next pass.

Bachira passed the ball to Kunigami for his turn as forward.

You rotated positions, now on offense.

"RUN UP THE SIDES!" Kunigami yelled.

You nodded and began running on the left side. Kunigami passed it to you and you ran up the field like you did in practice.

You looked at Kunigami and passed it to him.

Alright! You mentally smiled as kunigami received the pass and got ready to shoot.

You heard a faint 'boof' as the ball hit one of team Y's member's legs. You mentally cursed, SHIT!

Isagi picked up the ball and passed it to bachira.

While you were running down the field, you noticed that number nine wasn't doing anything.

Isn't that the guy that Kuon said to watch out for? This whole game is suspicious, it's like they know everything about us... you thought. Then it hit you, someone ratted us out... but why would they do that? I don't think anyone here would do that unless they have high enough points to win without the team.. It's hard to believe that Kunigami would sell us out, for he has no reason to... Kuon could've done it but he doesn't even have a single point... still, someone told team Y about our weapons...

Bachira passed the ball to Naruhaya which he kicked over team Y. The mophead from before picked up the ball and number nine began running towards the goal.

What should i do... you thought as you ran back to protect the goal, Kuon said to watch out for number nine but how do we know he's not bluffing... well, there's only one way to find out!

Authors note: #1 in Kunigami 😎. Also, i want to thank you readers for staying with the story even though my updates are inconsistent af recently. I wont be able to update this book as much as i want to but ima do my best!